1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold baths and shiver walks

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by LivinginRecovery, May 8, 2017.

1. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

As an addict I hate feeling uncomfortable so I am pushing myself each day to try things which push me out of my comfort zone and make me feel discomfort. As such this morning I took my first cold bath which was horrific I must say but I felt completely invigorated and I also had no desire to fap at all.

I then heard about shiver walks. It's great for fat loss and speeding up the metabolism but it's also great for getting out of my comfort zone. So with that in mind, I put on a t-shirt and a pair of shorts and went for a walk in the garden (which is large). I didn't walk fast, I walked at a snail's pace and stayed outside for about 15 minutes. It wasn't unbelievably cold but it was cold enough for me to feel uncomfortable.

These are things I am going to do from now on. I have to be careful in windy conditions because I suffer with neuralgia but provided it's not windy and just cold I should be fine. I need to get used to being uncomfortable because life is and I don't want to find myself running for cover (fapping) every time something isn't comfortable for me.

2. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Shiver walks - interesting! Never heard of this before, thanks!

LivinginRecovery likes this.
  3. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

You're very welcome! :)

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  4. therealboyka

therealboyka Fapstronaut

i have occipital neuralgia since one year and i m a medical student in my last year.. im 24h/24h in pain except while i sleep , eat , or fapping.. i had also psychotic problem like overtinking for hours... i can't study anymore.. i overfap due to occipital neuralgia.. fapping is my only escape from this bad condition.. what type of fibromyalgia do you have?