1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Circumcision

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Aug 11, 2017.

1. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

I'm happily circumcised and i'll circumcise all my sons if i ever have any. It's a cultural thing. My wife likes it and i'm quite happy with it. I can't imagine why (or how) someone would "miss" a foreskin they never had, but, obviously some men do.

2. Circumcised vs uncircumcised, does it matter? IMO, no. I don't think it matters at all, but if other people want to make a big deal out of it then have at it. In the end all this thread will show is that some:
    • Hate turtlenecks
    • Don't care about turtlenecks
    • Like turtlenecks
    • Aaaand some love turtlenecks.
    I'm not gonna lie @IGY, after reading the above sentence I was expecting you to bust out a poem/sonnet about foreskin. It's clearly something you're passionate about

bunnyheartbeat likes this.
  3. AscendRestore

AscendRestore Fapstronaut

I love my foreskin.

"During the first few years of life, the foreskin is stuck to the head of the penis by a membrane (called the synechia). This membrane or connective tissue dissolves naturally – a process that should never be hurried."

Infant's foreskins do not and are not meant to be retracted. Circumcision not only removes the skin but destroys the protective, generative membrane.
    Yes, it is a cultural thing. But it's not removing a floppy do-nothing piece of skin. After the foreskin is cut, the synechia is torn away from the glans by force. This is very different to how an adult would approach circumcision.

4. AscendRestore

AscendRestore Fapstronaut

I've heard of a wearable product Manhood sleeve and other similar devices to wear on your penis and keep the glans oiled rather than dry.
    Anything else that involves skin stretching seems technically possible, but a little scary and outside what I know.

5. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

This website is a good start to look at in my opinion:

http://www.restoringforeskin.org/beginners-guide-foreskin-restoration

There is also a book called "The Joys of Uncircumcising" you can find online for free.

6. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

It's not a scam. It does work as i have experienced from using a foreskin restoration device. You don't have to use one if you don't want to, but some people like to use it since it's better for them. There are homemade devices you can construct yourself, along with taping and manual stretching methods. The only thing is that it takes a long time to achieve the desired results. It's probably the only option next to the regenerative medicine research being done by the company Foregen. From what I heard from people who have finished their restoration, they are very satisfied with their results. It's up to you to decide what you want to do about it. I'll try to see if i can send you a link for the book when I get home if you want.

7. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I'm in the minority with @noonoon. I'm circumcised and wouldn't have it any other way.

Uncircumcised packages look like water weenies to me.

[​IMG]

8. I have been using the TLC tugger off and on for a couple years. Much more off than on. I would like to grow 3 inches for total gland coverage.
    I'm only at about 0.75. There is no overhang but it bunched up at the base of the glands. This has given me quite a bit more sensitivity. As the ridge at the base isn't as exposed.
    Also there is more skin allowing for some extra "play" when erect. So I could actually M without the hand rubbing the skin along my penis.
    So the point is even just adding a little skin can make things better down there.
    I do have some advice about using tuggers if you want message me

9. Don't you think they aren't meant to be seen though? That's my issue. I don't think the glands are meant to be exposed

10. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I'm circumcised. As such, I've never given much thought to whether or not things were 'meant' to be seen. I just don't care that much to spend time thinking about it. In any case, strictly on aesthetics, I much prefer being circumcised.

11. ive seen cirumcised men be able to cover their glans (fully)while derping it lol it just doessnt stay that way naturally. i heard it feels reallyyyy sensitive to do that and/or weird (disliked) but i would guess it naturally happens while inside the V

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2017
  12. I'm circumcised (I think) But I don't know if its missing to much, I see a little bit of the gland peaking out? A tiny bit. But for my family it was a religious reason.

13. Having a natural penis or a surgically altered penis has no effect on your sex drive. :rolleyes: The natural penis is more sensitive.

RedPillRebooter likes this.
  14. Really? How about earlobes for example. If they were sliced off babies it is not unreasonable to think that some would miss them? You see, we were born with earlobes and so missing them is understandable. The same's just as true of the foreskin.

15. If you think it matters not one jot, why do you use the pejorative "turtleneck" in referring to the natural shape of the penis?

16. Well... Earlobes are something you see everyday and see other people with, your not really going to miss the foreskin if you didn't even know what it was to begin with, unless you guys go looking down other dudes pants, in that case I don't want to know.

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. I am passionate about a baby boy born intact with all it's limbs and organs, not to slice a bit off for cultural reasons! :rolleyes:

AscendRestore likes this.
  18. Haha, yeah. :D But the point is, we do all know what a penis is supposed to look like. We don't have to investigate the matter in the comical way you suggest. A natural penis has a foreskin.

19. I never knew until someone said something.

20. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

I'm uncircumcised, as are my boys. My wife is adamantly anti-circumcision. She's a natural birth type person (my kids were born at home) and works in health care and she see it as child mutilation. She's rather opinionated about such things.

My opinion is - with any operation there is a chance of complication - why ever have unnecessary surgery? I've certainly never had any problems with cleanliness or infections. My wife's told me that sometimes the surgeries get botched and there can be some serious problems - although that is no doubt quite rare. Why risk it though?

I'm sure an uncircumcised glans is more sensitive as well, not rubbing against clothing all day. I'm cool with that.

I hope I don't offend anyone here - but I think it's a little strange when non-religious Jewish people circumcise. I know people who don't believe or practice any aspect of Judaism except circumcising their kids. That doesn't seem right to me - when one's only expression of their religion is at the cost of someone else.

chris21007 likes this.