1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Christmas Time

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by The Artisan, Dec 19, 2023.

1. The Artisan

The Artisan Fapstronaut

Hey everyone, thought I’d share some festive memories I’ve been having.

As a 36 year old man, it’s strange to say I still love Christmas. It really is the best time of the year (for me)

I remember being a young boy and planning out my Christmas Eve, looking through the TV guide to see what was on, and how I’d plan my time to get the most out of the day.. safe to say I love the day before just as much as the actual day.

I remember at the start of December, usually the first weekend we’d meet up with my grandmother, my aunty & uncle and my cousins and all go out for meal, I’d usually have the Christmas dinner, I recall about 3 or 4 years of us doing this. When we’d get home just before it gets dark we’d put up some Christmas lights outside, and hang some in the windows inside. The foil comet was the first one we had that went up. I remember being SO excited! We only had the one Christmas CD (The No1 Christmas Album), these cds being a life long love affair with Christmas music, all the greats where on there.

Usually around the second weekend we head over Sherwood Forest to pick up a Christmas tree, I’ve just remembered that this was paid for in part by the penny jar we’d being saving in all year, i recall being excited about counting them to see how much we had. That was done on a Saturday, we’d leave it over night for the branches to drop, they smelled so nice, now this was on the 90s so you know what kind of decorations we had. Lights that when one bulb went they all did, the fibre optic plant on the cabinet, garlands hanging from the celling.

I’ll add some more info tomorrow.

Feel free to share any Christmas memories.

Thanks for reading

redplanetpower, drac16 and True-Self like this.
  2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I feel you. Christmas is my favourite time of the year, too. I think I already know what I'm going to be getting; I asked my family for spiritual books. We open our presents in the morning and my mom makes turkey for dinner. I know that one does not need to be a christian to celebrate it. I celebrated it when I was an atheist. However, as a christian, it is a period of reflection for me about when God incarnated Himself.

redplanetpower likes this.