1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Catholicism,Calvinism,Reformed Theology & Addiction Debate

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

Feel Good Cool Worship or Hymns and Hard Seats?

1. Feel Good Cool Worship?

25.0%
  2. Hymns and Hard Seats?

50.0%
  3. I don't even care!

25.0%
  1. :) I always use Mary's "fiat" as an example of cooperation with God. It's a perfect balance..."Hail Mary full of grace" the angel says implying she had Gods grace to accept prior BUT she had to affirm the request to be a part of Gods plan. She could have said no right? Also talking about Mary makes most Calvinists uncomfortable...;)

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Cowardly eh? tell that to the Huganots Calvinand his wife trained in there home so they could be slayed in the field.
    Huguenots
    Ethnoreligious Group
    Huguenots are an ethnoreligious group of French Protestants. The term has its origin in early 16th century France. It was frequently used in reference to those of the Reformed Church of France from the time of the Protestant Reformation. Huguenots were French Protestants who held to the Reformed tradition of Protestantism. By contrast, the Protestant populations of eastern France, in Alsace, Moselle, and Montbéliard were mainly ethnic German Lutherans.

3. Im perfectly comfortable talking about a regular sinful woman whom God used for his Glory.

4. Deleted Account likes this.
  5. What is your favorite thing about Our Mother? I always liked the part where she was at the foot of the cross. I also like how she asked Jesus for his first public miracle.

LavaMe likes this.
  6. Sure. Humans are in the bible.

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  7. You’re so blessed among women,
    and the babe in your womb, also blessed!
    And why am I so blessed that
    the mother of my Lord visits me?
    The moment the sound of your
    greeting entered my ears,
    The babe in my womb
    skipped like a lamb for sheer joy.
    Blessed woman, who believed what God said,
    believed every word would come true!

8. Haha addiction its self is not in the bible but the concept of slavery is very well known this is where addiction is addressed

9. This is why I hate it when people tell me to "Have a blessed day"

10. Mary was blessed of all women and watched her son die. Blessings in the bible are sometimes painful

11. the mods moved the thread back to off topic. Thats funny. maybe we are on the radar

12. Very true.

LavaMe likes this.
  13. Im gonna ask a mod for a Catholic/Protestant debate group.maybe they will approve that. What do you think?

14. miXhal

miXhal Fapstronaut

Now that´s funny. We are in off-topic thread, yet nothing could be less off-topic in life...

15. miXhal

miXhal Fapstronaut

Btw. I didn´t mean it this way, just that schism isn´t exactly desired solution for disagreement...

Deleted Account and Mr. McMarty like this.
  16. Thought you may appreciate a musical interlude..

Many are they increased that troubled me
    Many are they that rise up against me
    Many there be which say of my soul
    There is no help for him in God
    But Thou, oh Lord are a shield for me
    My glory and the lifter of my head
    Thou, oh Lord are a shield for me
    I cried unto the Lord with my voice
    And he heard me out of His holy hill
    I laid me down and slept and awaked
    For the Lord sustained, for he sustained me
    Thou, oh Lord are a shield for me
    Thou, oh Lord are shield for me
    For Thou oh Lord are a shield for me
    Of my head
    My head

miXhal likes this.
  17. As for predestination.. My two cents, is yes, but only if the dimension of time does not exist.

Hope that helps

18. Mod is talking to me now!!!! so excited

19. Ok so we got a group to argue in I hope it turns out to be a boost and not a drag I guess we will see. I usally make stupid decisions