1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Find What Works

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by evanbook03, Mar 22, 2019.

1. evanbook03

evanbook03 Fapstronaut

Hey all,

I've been addicted for at least 10 years to P in conjunction with compulsive M, high risk and/or anonymous sex with both men and women, limited crossdressing, exhibitionism and voyeurism. I've been married for almost 8 years, and my wife and I are expecting a baby soon. I've been caught numerous times in my bad behaviour by my wife, and we've managed to hold our marriage together, though just barely. I will get caught, stop, vow to get better, abstain from the behavior for months, even a year (infidelity, anyway, I've never gone more than a month without P/M). My commitment to stopping P and compulsive M has always been low because it hasn't been, in and of itself, a deal breaker for my wife. But I know, now, that it's the root of my behaviours in general. I regard myself as straight, but my P tends toward bisexual/gay/sissy things. I think that years of looking for more extreme P has twisted my sexual preferences. I've had multiple ED instances with my wife from performance anxiety as a result of the damage to our relationship, and expending sexual energy elsewhere. I can see myself getting close to rock bottom. My professional life is undamaged, so far. Personally my life is in close to shambles. I have to stop, I want my wife, and our baby, and to be a good husband and dad. So I'm trying this, in addition to what I've done before/currently.

Things I've tried/am trying:
    -Cold turkey (nope)
    -12 step meeting (helps, for sure, but not enough long term by itself, yet anyway)
    -Therapy (starting with a new therapist, bounced between a few with mixed results)

Any input or advice is welcomed, thanks for reading.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing your story.