1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can a boy and a girl be just friends?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by modern milarepa, Apr 7, 2021.

1. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I personally believe it's not possible, there's always some type of sexual tension and one of the two wants to have sex with the other.

What do you think?

2. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Well in my class at university im the only man the girls of my workgroup i consider them has my friends (really treated me very well, im having alot of good marks thanks to them in the group works) , sometimes there is some teasing but nothing special just for fun

Strongman 125 and Candun like this.
  3. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

They can’t as long as one of the two is sexually attracted to the other.

4. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

I think it was Rich Cooper that said for the woman to text one of her supposed guy ‘friends’ saying she is horny, to see the man’s true response. There are so many comforting lies out there.

vercent99 and SDJR like this.
  5. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

It is possible,from my experience, when I meet a new female friend in some point i fall in love, but other times i don't feel nothing really and we are just friends.

Abzu and Candun like this.
  6. Candun

Candun Fapstronaut

I don't see why not

Aroma Girl, CarP and Revanthegrey like this.
  7. Trobone

Trobone Fapstronaut

Yes.

CarP likes this.
  8. CJ_16b

CJ_16b Fapstronaut

As long as you arent attracted to her and vuce versa. You can develop a connection without that sexual energy manifesting.

Having a woman as a best friend is the impossible part. Getting that close will develop a whirlwind of emotions especially that sexual energy. Unless you're both in committed relationships, its tough to keep that dynamic together.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  9. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I think that they can if both don't find the other sexually attractive, rare case scenario, definetely possible and happens.

Interesting, I think I'm broken, I once was super close with a girl that I wouldn't touch even with a stick, but I find it interesting because I sort of always avoided getting close with the ones that don't fall into the "You are a great person but your body gives me nightmares" category.
    Only couple of times I did was because of being interested and willing to risk the emotional whirlwind as you call it. Incidentaly, the only two proper girlfriends I've ever had. Intimacy is dangerous...

10. CJ_16b

CJ_16b Fapstronaut

You experienced it firsthand. Intimacy is a deep loving connection. As adults or pre adults, our bodies desire to reproduce is exaggerated. Any close bond with someone of the opposite sex will have someone catching feelings. Sometimes even with the same sex if they are lesbian, gay or bi.

Melding energies with somebody will always lead somewhere. I had a bestfriend in college. He was gay but never told anyone until after graduation. We did everything together and at one point, he attempted to kiss me. I said "wtf haha" and laughed it off. Not thinking for a second on how all that melded energy could create sexual tension.

At the end of the day, as long as sexual/emotiomal energy is directed elsewhwhere, you can have a friend of the opposite sex.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  11. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I think I didn't make my point clear, to put in bluntly, I was very close to a woman that I found physically repulsive, never developed any sexual tension whatsoever, just "caring" feelings, then usually avoided getting to close with any other woman even if I didn't find them attractive to begin with, like your day to day "ok, you are not ugly but not beatiful either" girl, but the couple of times I actually did, because I was interested in them, like, as a person, the sexual tension just came by like witchcraft....

What I mean by "caring feelings" like, being genuinely worried and wanting the best for them and such, basically the kind of relationship I also have with one friend, best friend, brother, bromance if you may call it that, as we have sometime joked like "bro, if you were a girl we would be the perfect couple you know that right?" hahaha but obviously we don't feel any sexual tension whatsoever as we both are straight.

So...yeah I think I'm broken or something, I can testify you can have a friendship or bromance ... sistermance? with a woman, and don't have any sexual tension, and that you can also get sexual feeling or however you want to call it.

I don't know, describing my own feelings is not one of my best skills hahahaha I hope it makes sense.

12. ItsJustLark

ItsJustLark Fapstronaut

I'm gay. My best friend is lesbian. A boy and a girl can be friends. Case closed.

CarP and SDJR like this.
  13. modern milarepa

This thread has officially become a protected friendzone area.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  14. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Ok, fair enough, to quote myself.

Your case counts as a rare scenario, case reopened.

SDJR, Munchausen and ItsJustLark like this.
  15. Why not? People are not dogs, cats or other animals. We are capable of abstract thinking, limited but still - freedom of choice. I'm personally at that phase/time in my life where a female is my friend, nothing more cause I'm not interested in such thing as relationships. Is it wrong? I think no. It's all about how feminine a guy is also. I consider myself ... Little bit more feminine than a avarage guy I guess or maybe my intelect is what makes me not give too many fucks about that "alpha" thing where all females around me are pretty much sex partners.

becomingreat likes this.
  16. modern milarepa

17. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Where I come from we have a name for that but I don't want to be disrespectful.
    Intellect is overated by the way.
    [​IMG]

18. Be discrespectful, please. I don't get it. I guess I'm dumb.
    I know it's overrated, but by intellect (iq, intelligence or whatever whoever considers it to be) I mean some bit deeper thinking I guess.
    An average guy with monkey brain will see things bit more simplistic, closer to nature I mean. Male + female equals something else to those guys. But if someone is bit more intelligent, capable of deeper thinking, he will sooner or later realize that things don't have to always be that simple and life can be pretty abstract.
    I know I sound like a pretentious douche but that's just my POV.

becomingreat and Revanthegrey like this.
  19. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I mean I cannot translate it perfectly, doesn't have direct translation, but the closest would be something liike yeah, pretentious douche actually is pretty close, "arrogant queer"? Nah that's not quite it either...I mean dr.google say it is "Believed sarasa" what doesn't even makes any sense hahaha, anyhow, I hope you get the point.

Me have monkey brain, me no have superior intellect to explain.

You underestimate monkey brain, monkey brain strong.
    Intellect bad, intellect no monkey.

Don't overcomplicate life mate, when you dig deep enough you may end up seeing that all the deep digging is basically a waste of time.
    Ignorance is bliss, return to monkey brain.

Hachiraya likes this.
  20. I guess blue pill it is.
    I mean yeah.. I'm still a kid and it means I'm just looking for the truth. It's stupid. I guess I will never find it, but... Those are my beliefs now. Probably will cringe away from them sooner or later.
    Have a good day.

modern milarepa and SickSicko like this.