Broke up with my gf of 3.5 years and feeling very lonely.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by C04DR3D, Jul 27, 2023.

1. C04DR3D

C04DR3D Fapstronaut

I broke up with her 2 weeks ago and I’m on day 11 of no masturbation. I feel so bad. I’m having thoughts of not finding anyone else.

2. If you do a hard mode reboot, things are going to change, in a very good way.

3. thatcactusguy

thatcactusguy Fapstronaut

Stay strong. When my previous girlfriend left I remember feeling like there would never be anyone else for me. That feeling lasted a little bit, but as I worked on improving my life, socializing with friends, and spending less time alone, my confidence in myself began to return and I was able to start talking to a really nice woman who is now my girlfriend. Healing takes time, especially after a 3.5 year relationship.

The pain you feel lets you know that the love you had for her was real and that you are capable of love. That's the important thing. You are capable of love, and you are capable of being loved. My advice: take time to gain confidence in yourself. A reboot could help, but make sure to identify points of your life that you want to work on and start working on it. Go as extreme as you want, just be sure that what you are doing will create long term benefits for you.

Remember to take time to reflect on yourself. Always know that you have the ability to improve your life.

Sam78, C04DR3D and Buddhabro2.0 like this.
  4. TaeGoCrzy

TaeGoCrzy New Fapstronaut

Bro she aint the only girl in the world. Focus on yourself first but when you get that down its too many to pick from. Stay focused

5. MojaveJoey

MojaveJoey Fapstronaut

I hope you feel better man. You will get through this. Most guys are lucky to have a gf for 3 months let alone 3 years in today's age of misandry(least in the UK and USA. Outside there I'm doubtful it extends to Western Europe let alone the rest of the world). Sounds silly but practicing gratitude helps you feel happier.

Sam78 and C04DR3D like this.
  6. refreshed323

refreshed323 Fapstronaut

The more activities you are involved in the more she will become a faded memory. Just stay busy in social fun activities you enjoy and build connections. It will distract your mind.

C04DR3D likes this.
  7. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Loneliness is rough. Are there any activities that you give enjoyment (even a little) that could fill some of the gaps? Also are there any events in your area that you might enjoy?