1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Boredom, please help

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Bawa, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Bawa

Bawa Fapstronaut

What is holding me back in my recovery journey is boredom, if i may ask, what works for you please? Because i heavily rely on screen to numb my boredom but now i can’t do that because of triggers here and there. Please and please what should i do instead?

ZenYogi and fusion47 like this.
  2. Any thing what you actually like to do. If there isn’t any yet, go and try everything. Riding a bike, jogging, taking pictures, drawing, music lessons, chess, reading books, study, learn how to cut a hair, crochet, play football or any kind of teams port… do anything you want, this is your journey . Try the things you always wanted to and make note if you like it or not. Leave the virtual space and enjoy life!

3. I agree with Unica, I recently tried rock climbing this year with a friend. We both had no idea what we were doing. 9 months later and we are pretty good at climbing! I go twice a week. Finding a hobby you like really helps you develop a healthy life style in general. Like Uncia said, try everything. If you don't know what to try, Google some new hobbies you can try out and pick a random one. You never know, you may fall in love with it like I did with climbing!

4. Bawa

Bawa Fapstronaut

Thanks alot

Unica Semper Avis likes this.
  5. Bawa

Bawa Fapstronaut

Thanks

6. Go make some money.

Prophet Harry likes this.
  7. Prophet Harry

Prophet Harry Fapstronaut

Get a part time job and/or learn new skills.

8. The Abstainer

The Abstainer Fapstronaut

I have started spending an hour a day on learning Korean, going to the gym and reading outside or at the library and this has all gotten me four days in already. If you work out hard you will be too tired to want to indulge. Learning a language is mentally exhausting but rewarding and will keep you occupied as long as you keep your phone out of sight. Reading is a great way to fill time but do it in public or away from your "danger zones". Duolingo is a free language learning app I am currently using and I am starting the first book of the Horus Heresy Series. I also recommend finding a personal interests (Fitness, marital arts, cooking, reading, hiking) and joining a group to go out and do these things. Best of luck!

9. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

That was a good list by @Unica Semper Avis
    Om, more list from @The Abstainer
    yeah fitness hiking etc

I totally get bored when my partner isn't around and tend to just start watching fitness vids on youtube to cope.

Or if she's gone longer I'll go to meetups and try to make friends.

Generally speaking I feel like all the advice here is good. I like to sit and stare out the window as a mindfulness practice. Makes me feel good that I can just embrace the moment as it is. To enjoy it without needing more busyness to change it.

Ommmmm yeah I should really read books. Fitness is great and all that, but we all need sedentary things to do to relax and recover. Curb boredom and stuff. I'm also alternating in person and online meetup.com hangouts.

Try any of those!

The Abstainer likes this.
  10. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

Find some activities besides spending time on your phone. I would write down a list of activities to do throughout the day, think of an activity you might be interested in and write it down. It worked for me. Or create a to-do list of things you want to accomplish in life. Definitely works for me too.