1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Boredom and Schedules

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by KN8, Mar 22, 2019.

1. KN8

KN8 Fapstronaut

Hey there

One of the hardest things during a reboot (at least for me) is to avoid boredom.
    Boredom has also been mentioned quite often as reason for a relapse and should therefore be avoided as best as possible to avoid dangerous situations.
    I thinks that is because when you are bored you easily begin daydreaming or thinking stuff you really should not in a reboot and then things can spiral out of control.

I want to share my method of avoiding boredom: schedules
    Schedules are a tool I use to consider what I am doing with my time, planing ahead and after the day is done to check what I set out to do against what I actually did.
    By planing you time you can avoid periods where you have nothing to do and get bored. (obviously you need somethings to fill your schedule with but that is probably a different topic)

I uploaded my schedule and I would suggest looking at that for inspiration if you want to do one your own.

So what makes a good schedule (in my opinion):
    - An area where you can easily write down the things you generally want to do for this day. (I split mine up into shallow and deeps topics, so things that do not require focus and things that require a deep focus)
    - A way to redo your plan for the day, because as we all know, time does change things and you might have to plan again in order to keep being productive.
    That is also a mayor point which keeps people from using schedules: the fear of forcing yourself into a too tight structure, which I also believe to be quite unhealthy but can be averted by allowing restructuring.

My biggest tip would be not to force yourself into your schedule but to adapt it to your own needs. It is a tool to plan the time you have and should be treated as a tool.
    And keep doing it at roughly the same time each day (the evening before or during breakfast)

If I think of more things I will update this thread.
    Hoped it was helpful.

That is it for now, thanks for reading :)

Attached Files:

The Bink and 220woof671 like this.
  2. 220woof671

220woof671 Fapstronaut

"Boredom has also been mentioned quite often as reason for a relapse and should therefore be avoided as best as possible to avoid dangerous situations."

Good point .... just try to do something productive ..... or a hobby you enjoy ..... or dance to music .......
    or etc.

3. The Bink

The Bink Fapstronaut

Same! My number one trigger is being bored. I noticed that when you schedule your day so you do not have an opening it helps a lot. Watching P is not an option cause I'll be too busy with other stuff. I have zero urges when I am doing productive things.
    Also in the rare case that there is a bit time left I have a few activities left that can fill up that time like reading a book or going for a walk etc.

Good to see someone else working on this, stay strong my dude.