1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Binge eating and obsession with messengers

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by mugcup, Mar 18, 2024.

1. mugcup

mugcup New Fapstronaut

Hello, I am currently using a translator. I don't know if the title means it right.

I'm 27 years old and have been doing PMO every day since I was 12.
    Last year, I happened to read an article about Nofap and realized that PMO was the cause of the PIEDs I was experiencing during sex and my boring, trerrible life.

So I decided to deal with the problems in order to reboot my brain. I know that rebooting will take a while.

First, I stopped using the community, games, and YouTube for two months. And the PMO has been suspended for three weeks after repeated failures. Now my sexual desire and thoughts about masturbation have decreased significantly. I think it's a flat line.

But I found myself eating junk food and binge eating for dopamine even when I wasn't hungry. Also, I chat with people through messenger all day long. The funny thing is, I didn't live a life of binge eating and messaging before. I was embarrassed, but I couldn't control myself and became more obsessed.

So, I tried jogging and trying new hobbies, but I got bored and failed every time.

Will these obsessional symptoms stabilize over time? I'm worried that it won't be temporary and will become my new habit.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024