1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Betrayal, the secrecy factor

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by Jennica, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Jennica

Jennica Fapstronaut

Hi all,
    I have subscriptions to many marriage support sites, affair recovery and now PA.

This article came up in my email and I wanted to share it.
    As I was reading this I noticed the words affair, PA and SA can be inner changeable especially in talking about the secrecy of it all.
    So even if it’s just P videos and everything in between physically acting out with someone else this quote kinda hit home with me. When I think of the highs and lows over the years in regards to my hubby.

“On a good day, when things are going well, I’m committed to my wife.
    On a day when things are just okay, I’m committed to my marriage.
    And on a day when things aren’t so great,
    I satisfy myself by being committed to my commitments.”

Here’s the link to article if anyone is interested.

https://www.affairrecovery.com/newsletter/founder/betrayal-the-secrecy-factor?utm_source=Article+of+the+Week&utm_campaign=176c277d58aotw_12_13_2017&utm_medium=email
    &utm_term=0_ba782628b7-176c277d58-312937197

I will add the other parts are good too.

2. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

i don't understand. can you explain it
    the last one confuses me

3. Jennica

Jennica Fapstronaut

I saw it as the selfishness of it all on the last one. They find themselves committed to only them. The commitment to their selfish wants and perceived needs above the SO and relationship.
    It’s “going bad” so the rationalizations to justify the behaviors to make all ok.
    Does that help clarify how I thought of it?

Broken81, Torn and Deleted Account like this.
  4. Jennica

Jennica Fapstronaut

The first, on a good day he’s committed to me, he’s thinking of me, would go out of way to something nice, communicate better.

The middle, may not be feeling close or connected but the marriage is still a priority to an extent. The danger zone!

Then the last!

All of these stages would come and go with us. We would have good times when we were on the same page and United front, respectful of each other. The uncertainty at times in the middle then the bad phases. The highs and lows, the lows your more susceptible the temptations and acting out.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    SpouseofPA and Deleted Account like this.
  5. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

Yes it does help thanks

Jennica likes this.
  6. This addiction typically begins from some type of trauma as a very young child (WAAAAY) before we were in their lives. Then, something, along with more trauma, stress, and opportunity allowed the addiction to fester and take hold of them. Again, typically before their wife was in the picture.

They may not want to act out after a committed relationship or marriage, but --- they are addicted. It's wired in their brain as a "go to" because the chemicals are a HUGE draw. Relieve whatever stress, whether it's in the relationship or NOT.

Their addiction has nothing to do with US. Period.

Any addiction thrives in secrecy. Addicts are only as sick as their secrets.

So, yes, the secrecy factor is tremendous. Sex addicts also typically have a "draw" to having "power over" the other (via secrets). Yuck. But true.

Jennica likes this.