Beta : Guilty as charged

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Werwond, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Werwond

Werwond Fapstronaut

ive always been a downer, negative and sulky

I’m married and have been with the same person for 12 years, married for the last two.

It’s taken me years to understand why I’ve always been laughed at, down, walked on.

Even in the relationship, I realize that I have been put aside and that her feelings can sometimes completely override mine.

It’s completely fucked, but also our society welcomes this sort of reversal of the roles.

Basically today I watched a video on alpha females and realized I’m with one. For life.

And then, I realized that I’m totally a beta male.

It sucks but I’m at least really thankful that I put two and two together.

Btw I’m at 14 days of nofap reboot

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

The alpha/beta mentality is really toxic. It is just as bad as the "pills" mentality. If you think yourself not being manly enough, then work on that, don't push yourself down calling yourself "beta".

3. Go to the gym... I never felt more confident, some people think I'm intimidating and I'm not that huge.

dwarfstruggles likes this.
  4. Werwond

Werwond Fapstronaut

Good point.

I’ll keep that in mind.

I’m not concerned with the manly thing - anyone can get a beard, drink beer and own a gun but still be weak.

I’m talking about strength and confidence, evolving and letting go of the past.

5. You know men are allowed to file for divorce, too?

6. I can totally agree with @Infrasapiens ! This mentality is just some black and white idea, that leaves out bigger and more important parts.
    Work on self improvement and yes try to be clearer about what you want, learn to say "no" and "yes" when you really mean it.

Don't jeopardise your relationship with that alpha/beta mentality! Talk to your spouse about that, try to get a better picture about your feelings and what you really want (instead of letting this whole "alpha male" idea deciding for you what you should want)

Hope I am making sense :)

7. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

You can change if you no longer want to be shitted on.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Good point

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.