1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Contraceptives for Rebooters

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Archlynn, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Archlynn

Archlynn New Fapstronaut

I recently performed a 90 day hard mode reboot, and am now able to have semi-regular sex. My girlfriend and I go back and forth with what contraceptives work best for us. Unfortunately, I simply can't make condoms work as I feel almost nothing when wearing them. She is on the pill, but isn't convinced that it is effective alone at preventing pregnancy. What we're doing now is having sex without condoms, and then I pull out. With that being said, usually when I pull out it requires a couple seconds of her running her hand up and down my shaft, which to me means it's slightly akin to masturbation - which I'm trying to move more and more away from. In any event, I would like the option of at some point in time being able to finish inside her.

Figured I would open this up to discussion here - for the NoFap community, and in particular, the people who have successfully rebooted, what's worked by way of contraceptives? Thanks much.

2. I use birth control pills and am really anal about taking it the same time every day and that works for us. However it is still a risk that we take every time he does pull out. Perhaps she’d consider finishing you with her mouth?

3. Burrich1

Burrich1 Fapstronaut

I'm going to say that so long as she isn't death gripping you and your pretty much ready to go when you pull out, it's going to have little to no effect on your reboot and not increase a chaser effect any more than sex would. This isn't a dry start to finish HJ. When I'm with someone, and they are using their hands i can usually tell pretty quickly if it's something that's bad for me or if it's gentil and completely different from anything I would have ever done to myself. Plus you're with a living thinking feeling human. I think it's completely different.

4. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

If the pill is take regularly the risk of pregnancy is very low. Most pregnancies with the pill occur due to lack of consistent use. You can search the stats yourself but it’s less than 1% with perfect use. The condom plus the pill is overkill in my opinion I’m a 40 year old who has used the pill for 20 years. If she does forget or if you want something she does not have to worry about two other options are nuvaring or mirena. Nuvaring releases hormones like the pill and you put it inside and change it once a month. I have used it but I personally always felt it and it was annoying. My partner never felt it though and he was fairly large. Mirena is w plastic hormone releasing IUD that works by releasing hormones similar to the pill plus irritating the lining of the uterus to prevent egg implantation. It can stay in for up to seven years. It can be removed any time prior to that if she wants to become pregnant. There are a few other name brands out there too for hormone releasing IUDs. It used to be that docs did not give women who had not given birth IUDs but with the new ones lots of women have them. Two of my best friends love them. The doctor has to insert it and it is a little pain but after that she will be fine and most have lighter periods too. There is also depro provera a monthly shot, an arm implant called implanon and the patch which I don’t recommend. Depro causes weight gain in most women significant and bleeding. The arm implant to me has not been researched enough and the patch which is just the pill in a patch like a stop smoking patch has been linked to too many strokes for me. She should talk to her doctor and explain everything and ask for recommendations. As an aside if in the US and insured the bc should be at no cost to her. Bottom line is there is always a risk of pregnancy when you have sex protected or not. You can never eliminate that 100 percent but you can get darn close. I think it’s important for couples to discuss what each would want to do if she becomes pregnant. Would she want to have an abortion or is she opposed to it? What would you want to do? Often having a frank discussion about this makes both people feel more comfortable. Often people think they know what their partner would do but when it happens they find out they were wrong. If only they would have asked! Personally I’m pro choice but would never have an abortion and I share that with all my partners.

5. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

6. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

If a guy is dealing with recovery from death grip and trying to be able to orgasm solely from intercourse pulling out is counter productive. Most men can’t just pull out they need to MO themselves a bit which reinforces death grip and MO. I know I dealt with a partner who moed on me with death grip for several years and no I could not do it. Pulling out and death grip recovery do not work together. In normal relationships it’s fine.

GettingAGrip likes this.
  7. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

No, you're right. I mostly meant it in a humorous way.
    But for me, if my girl is not on birth control I pull out when I'm about to O and it's been working for me as I don't have death grip or need to touch myself to get off but it obviously differs from every person.

GG2002 likes this.