1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Been trying to stop but has been difficult

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Carmelstick76, May 25, 2015.

1. Carmelstick76

Carmelstick76 Fapstronaut

I am 39 yo married and have been fapping since I was in my late teens. It has seem to become more frequent as the years have gone on. I feel it definitely is destructive to my personal and private life. I try to stop but I may last a week or so and I'm back at it again. I've never struggled with anything as much as this before. It's embarrassing were I don't even want to tell my best friends. I'm so glad I stumbled on this site. This is my first day. So I'm going to try to use the support on this page to help me to stop.

PotentLife likes this.
  2. PotentLife

PotentLife Fapstronaut

Hey, welcome, Carmelstick76. Congratulations on taking this additional step to helping yourself and your loved ones. When I joined this site, I used the resources, such as journaling and reading the success stories and I was able to go 60 days without fapping, which was by far the longest I've ever gone. I relapsed 5 days ago, but I've bounced back and have been feeling great with some of the insights I got from both the abstinence and the relapse. I wish you even better results.

Here's a video that seems to have helped members here and has been passed around. Since your history lately has been around a week of abstinence, it might help get you over the bumps and into a good abstinence streak where you can leverage lots of confidence and clarity.

I hope to bump into you again here and read more of your story.

3. Carmelstick76

Carmelstick76 Fapstronaut

Thanks for your support sir. Great video

PotentLife likes this.