Back to religion.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Journey_, May 17, 2017.

1. Journey_

Journey_ Fapstronaut

Hello everyone, I just finished my second day of NoFap.

I was watching a tv series in my country and there were people possessed by the devil.
    I never trusted it, I always thought that these people were crazy or psychos... but now, that I already have less fog in my mind, I am starting to see this matter more clearly and rationally.

The evil exists, psychiatrists can't explain certain behaviors.
    Can you imagine people puking chains of iron or walking on the roof against the law of gravity or talking in another language which they never learnt? I saw them today and got scared.

I've always had the feeling, since I was young, that the devil exists in the world, but being distant from religion, I've been kind of dodging it and the role of God in our lives.

I don't want to scare you at all. I just want to go back to my christian faith and would like to know if someone got back to it after a long time of absence and how I could start.
    Thanks.

2. That's scary stuff but it's a sign of the times. I hope you do get back to Christianity before the world ends.

3. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

Well, what denomination are you? Generally, the easiest way is to show up at a church on Sunday.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

If you're not sure about what denomination you want to goto, I recommend doing a lot of research. Admittedly, every denomination represented here is sure ours is right. I did my research as I came back to the faith.

5. How do you know that what they were possessed by was the devil? Maybe they were aliens? Or maybe these were suppressed memories coming up from one of their past life? Or maybe those were just parasitic entities from astral plane or something? Or maybe those people just had magical abilities and trolled you? Or even more, maybe videos were just fake? Also why exactly back to Christianity? How do you know it is not a tool of devil to control people? How do you know Islam for example is not the real answer?

I'm just saying, you don't seem to me rational at all...

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2017
  6. Interesting post.. When I was 16 I first took a real interest in the Christian faith (I had been raised in church before that point but didn't really care for it) because I learned about evil spirits and demons and I was really scared but my Christian friends said that God would protect you from them.
    Looking back on that it's a bit silly lol but I guess everyone has got to start somewhere. I actually just finished my BA in Christian Ministries and am starting Seminary next Fall so I've come a long way so far.
    I strongly believe in evil powers/spirits and Satan but I wouldn't exactly call it rational thinking. I know Apologists try and prove the rationality of Christian beliefs but IMO there are some things that we believe that just aren't rational. I am okay with that.
    ANYWAYS, I think now (while doing NoFap) is a good time to consider involvement in faith and the role of God in your life. I realized on my first streak without P that I was becoming a lot more self-reflective. I've been in recovery for a couple years for drug/alcohol addiction and God is the cornerstone of my sobriety. I can only speak for myself by saying that I would not be sober without His strength and help. Maybe you should commit to praying for 5 minutes a day and then meditating 5 minutes after that. It's a pretty simple start but no one said it has to be complicated lol

7. Journey_

Journey_ Fapstronaut

Thanks. I'm starting to prey as I wake up in the morning and as I'm going to bed.
    On Sunday I will go to the Church and I will confess.
    I stopped doing meditation since it didn't help me much.
    I can definitely say that this is by far the best moment to get involved in religion again. Cheers!

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Well at least you admit it. Good for you. Rationality is overrated anyways.

9. Okay. Tell the story. We want to hear it.

I know these things are real, too, because I get attacked by them on occasion.

As far as Christianity, yeah, you will want to get involved in prayer and scripture. I would say, to also keep meditating as it is commanded and a necessary part of the spiritual life.

If these things are bothering you all the time you will want to take some extra measures.