1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Asked out on a date, but I think I gave the wrong answer.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by SorryWontSayIt, Feb 18, 2022.

1. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Not too long ago I met a very cute girl at work. I visit different schools as work to help out people who struggel, and she works at one of the schools. Later on we matched on tinder (don't really like tinder, but I want to date, and thats been the best option during covid). We started talking about common interests. After 2-3 days of talking I asked her what her plans was for the weekend and if she would like to get to know eachother better on snapchat. She told me that she was going on a small travel to another town, and she didnt use snapchat, but she would like to meet. I said asked if she were going to visit family or friends, and wrote that I would love to meet one day.

After that there has been no reply. two days. Its not long, but what should I do. I don't want to spam her, specially if there is no interest from her side. Or should I ask if shes still interested and maybe ask her to take a walk together in a park or go hiking?

I seriously don't know how to date, and the last relationship I had, I didnt really know how I did it.

I am fully okey if shes not interested, I just like to know if shes interested or not. And not just leaving a chat because I didnt do anything.

So now I sent the last message, where I agreed to meet up with the question... so, is it best to let it be, its her turn? or should I give a clear option, ask if she would like to go hiking on sunday for example?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    vibemaker likes this.
  2. SZ zahw

SZ zahw Fapstronaut

I don't know, its confusing, and i never ever dated a girl even i am 19yo, i never met or have like face to face conversation at least.
    Its a religious thing but i kinda hate that

3. Well you're doing fine on the dating part.
    This at least ís what dating is.
    Stepping out, connect and find out all kind of things.

If she is not responding, let her go.
    Eventually she will respond later within a few days. If not, then decide that this behavior does not fit you and move on.

4. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Yes, I think that sounds good. I'd give a clear option and invite her to do that with you.

Roady and SZ zahw like this.
  5. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks for advice! Well, I think I may have been too fast at judging. Woke up today with a new message from her saying than we just need to choose a day. So I asked her out on monday. I know she will be traveling so I said, I may be able to meet up other days too.

FX-05 likes this.
  6. Negan©

Negan© Fapstronaut

Dont spam her man...dont even write one more message..this is a shit test...according to me shes testing if you can keep your cool once she has shown some interest or approval..and when ahe messages you back.. you will not only show her how well you manage rejection but in a subtle way you will also hold her accountable for leaving you in the dark like that..women are surrounded by weak beta males who are always going up and down for their approval and praise .a ballsy guy who questions her and holds her accountable is exciting for her..
    But even if things dont go well after you do this , wouldnt you have confronted me if we were bros and i had left you in the dark after making some plan..if she goes its her loss..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2022
    SorryWontSayIt likes this.
  7. SorryWontSayIt

Thank you, wont spam - but I may have rushed the answer a bit. She wrote to me last nigth, and I wrote back 15.00 something today.... after she went away for many hours.
    But I have now given her an option now, either she joins or not. If she bullshits me I am gone. I have been ghosted before, and I am not up for testing. Shes either interested or not. The testing stuff is childish in my opinion, and if this is something that keeps happening im gone even tho shes interested.

I got other options too. Started talking to a really nice girl who I used to know long time ago. We really hit it off, if we meet again I may actually ask her out if things dont work out with the first one.

8. Are these 2 days of no response, part of the time she told you she would be out of town? If so, I would not worry about it. The reason is it's a vacation for her and in my opinion if you do vacation right, you're not thinking about Tinder or any other social media because you are enjoying the vacation. I would wait until she got back from this trip and message her asking how the trip was.

9. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Fapstronaut

Two days isn't that long to not hear back from someone who is essentially a stranger. You've shown interest in meeting so now it's her turn to reply back. Either way, I would just go about living your life detached from any expectation of a reply.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    FX-05 likes this.
  10. All worries for nothing ;)

11. SorryWontSayIt

I guess so far :)

Thank you all for replys! :)
    Dating has never been my strong side when it comes to seriouse stuff, and thats what I am looking for now:)
    But had some bad experiences in the past, and ofcours afraid I may have to face that again, but at the same time, I have learned a lot and still have a lot to learn. Guess I just have to let the time show what will happen. Its a two way street.

Reborn16 and Roady like this.
  12. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

If possible I would avoid dating someone I work with. I've worked with couples and they can have the most awful fights in the workplace. I suppose it isn't too bad because you won't see her every day at work but it still could lead to more trouble in the workplace. In a Facebook group I'm in this guy dated someone he worked with, they broke up and she moved to another department. She then reported him to HR for talking to her and the next thing you know he's having to explain himself to HR. Relationships with work colleagues can work but there is a risk it will cause you to lose your job or at least make work even harder than it needs to be.

13. SorryWontSayIt

Thank you! I see your point. There was a girl that wanted sex with me, we work together and met at a party. (We don't see eachother every day, but maybe once a month). Both was drunk and we "had a little fun" together, when she came home to me. But we did not do it all... I told her that I did not want to, because I was afraid it would affect our work relationship. But this girl, I don't know - ofcours it can go bad. But at the same time, she seem very nice, and I hope and think it will be okey as long noone plays any games. But I can never know.

I will take the chance, since I almost never meet her. I very rarely see her at work. I have worked one year now, and met her once, and it will most likely be one more year until we meet in a work situation.

onceaking and vibemaker like this.
  14. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    If I was in your skin, I'd probably take the chance too. Life is too short to not engage in these little adventures and experiences. And it sounds like you like her.

15. SorryWontSayIt

Yeah, she atleast gave me a very good first impression :) But it is still early, just hope it all works out! :)
    Thank you for reply