1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone go for frequent runs?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Woody4, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Woody4

Woody4 Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

I have found running in the evenings to be so fun and rewarding, not only am I doing it for all the positive health benefits I'm doing it because of my nofap journey.

I have heard that running improves testerone levels and helps keep you happy and motivated :)

To top it off when I come back home after a 20-30 minute run I can then hop in the shower and then relax. Anyone else do this and found it more helpful?

2. INTIMIDATOR_3

INTIMIDATOR_3 Fapstronaut

Yep, i do the same thing! But I also add in some push-ups, sit ups, and some weight lifting.

3. Manfro

Manfro Fapstronaut

Hello Woody4,

Last year I was running a lot (before my nofap adventure) but as Christmas approached I decided to have a rest from it as I knew I would be indulging naughty food over Christmas period. I had every intention of starting in the new year but I didn't get round to it mainly because of the cold weather...until yesterday when I went for my first run of the year.

I started my 90 days on 1st Feb but I have been meaning to start running again since the new year especially to help me with the nofap journey now that I have started it. Everybody talks about benefits but over a month in and I haven't really experienced the benefits that others claim to have..it makes me chuckle especially when the benefits they claim to have been realised after a few days, not that they're wrong of course, but I am starting running again to try and feel a benefit whilst NoFap so I have at least one self improvement that I can 'realise' apart from respecting my wife more, but this benefit will be for me, a reward for trying so hard with my will power.

Anyway I got home from work yesterday and was very agitated because there is woman there who is just rude to everyone because she is just so over assertive 100% of the time, and yesterday it seemed that it was my turn for her rath and she made me feel like crap. I totally didn't deserve it and did nothing wrong but its just her demeanour. I felt so frustrated I just had to go for a run despite it being really cold.

I managed a 4 mile run but it was hard as I haven't been running since last December.

Came home and felt better, felt like the tension had largely gone, so today is my rest day and ill be back out tomorrow!

4. Woody4

Woody4 Fapstronaut

Sounds great, i really enjoy running with some music. Helps me perform better and actually run for longer, I always try and improve my time each day/week if I can.

I have a really decent running route around my area so I can do laps, currently I do 1 lap in around 13 minutes 15 seconds which I want to be able to do in around 12 minutes. Also I am going to be doing 2 laps tonight to get an idea on how long it takes me and then try and beat my time every run I do :)

5. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

hi woody,

i like to run. my preferred run distance is 6 kilometers - 40 minutes running in slow pace. one or two times every week.

yesterday i walked about 24 kilometers. from one city to another city. for drinking a cup of coffee. :)

for the way back i used the train. fast walking is also great - like a soldier - in goose step. today i have pain in my legs.