1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else get depressed when they see couples?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Oct 10, 2022.

1. I was in a decent mood today until I saw a happy couple walking holding hands down the street and my heart just broke. I honestly long for nothing else in life more then to be in a loving relationship. I just can't bear this anymore. I literally get depressed whenever I see a couple or even just friends of the opposite gender.

Legacy of Lost Soul and KingScar like this.
  2. Clearminded_1234

Clearminded_1234 Fapstronaut

Although it may look good surface level when you see couples, relationships are hard work. You don't know their daily struggles individually and as a couple so I wouldnt be depressed about it for far too long. Look what you DO have instead of what you don't. The grass isnt greener on the other side my friend... its green where you water it. Keep your head up.

ndaty, Buddhabro2.0 and Lone Skeleton like this.
  3. Sometimes. It can be tough not to have a companion in life. At the same time though being single opens up a lot of opportunities you wouldn't have while being in a relationship.

Buddhabro2.0 and Lone Skeleton like this.
  4. Andy1517

Andy1517 Fapstronaut

5. Lone Skeleton

Lone Skeleton Fapstronaut

I see happy couples walking everyday and honestly, I've grown used to it. I always remind myself of what I have which is a nice place to live and a loving family. Being single has it's advantages as well like you have ultimate freedom. Couples usually have a lot of commitments towards each other and I ain't ready for that as I want to focus and improve on myself first. Hope this helps, stay strong!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    Buddhabro2.0 likes this.
  6. MarioCorrelos

MarioCorrelos Fapstronaut

It happened to me all the time. You are not alone, it's only natural to feel like that.

7. I happens to me all the time as well. Honestly I think the people saying there are advantages to being single are full of crap, saying it because they do not want to say the truth.

Human beings are social creatures we were never meant to live completely alone, so it is only natural to feel that way, don't feel bad about it. I honestly think the hard honest truth is that feeling only goes away when you get a girlfriend/wife whatever it takes. Until then those of us who are not in a relationship just need to learn to live with the feeling.

8. It's not all loving relationships. I just left my wife a few months ago. Let me explain.

Yeah it looks picturesque, but what could really be happening is she could be forcing him to hold her hand because she is all about herself (like my situation) and by giving into her he agreed to hold her hand instead of creating a fight. I went through it all. She made a scene with me several times behind closed doors about photo setups she wanted to post on Instagram and Facebook. I was miserable. She was never happy. But hey in public we held hands and on social media we were the cute romantic couple.

So next time you see a couple walking, it could be her leading him and making him miserable. You never know. Keep your chin up man.

9. Warrior275

Warrior275 Fapstronaut

Saw this all the time when I was in high school and college. It would drive me up a wall and make me sad and depressed. I still see it as an adult, but it’s not as frequent as it was when I was in school.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  10. I have a similar feeling when I see couples. Unfortunately I am dealing with a complicated move so I can't focus on relationships. For now, all I'm focusing on is writing on my book everyday (which is fulfilling)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2022
  11. livewelllovewell

livewelllovewell Fapstronaut

I feel the exact same way. It bothers me to see couples happy together and seems to serve as a constant reminder that I am alone.

My situation may be different from you but I just came out of a long term abusive relationship and realize that I am in no way shape or form ready to enter a relationship. I have a lot of work to do on myself and realize that my longing for a relationship is a weird way of trying to push my problems on someone else who for some sick and twisted way will solve my problems for me. For me its about taking responsibility for your life and getting on with it, rebuilding one brick at a time. One day I will be stronger though it may not seem to be the case today. Hope this helps.

12. yassimhaf

yassimhaf New Fapstronaut

I feel the same.

Since I can't stand my loneliness, seeing couple made me more isolated. Sometimes I prefer staying at home rather than get in contact with girls or couples.

This situation made me not only depressed but also angry and bitter. I feel a lot of resentment and hate and it usually a trigger to compulsive PMO.

Working on it by having friends and hitting the gym every day I can.

Stay strong !