1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else feel like they don't want to bring children into this modern world?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Feb 24, 2019.

1. BRUH do you have kids rn?

Coffee Candy likes this.
  2. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I have one.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. I always assumed I'd have kids, but I was too messed up to make that happen. When I met my partner, she was technically still able to have kids, but getting old enough that it wouldn't have been a great idea. And she never wanted kids anyway. So there's almost no chance I'll have kids at this point. I went through a period when that reality really bothered me. I mean it bothered me a LOT. But I'm coming to terms with it. I agree with whoever said on this thread that changing a culture starts with changing yourself and being a good influence on those around you, especially your children. If I would have had kids, I would have done my best to ensure that the hurts I had in me wouldn't be put into my children. But I don't have kids, so I don't have to worry about preparing them for the world, and in a way, that makes me feel relief. Also, I don't really know if the world is any worse that it ever was. It's always been a difficult place to bring children into. All we can do is instill good values in them and cultivate the good in humanity, and hope for the best.

jk243, recon117 and Deleted Account like this.
  4. I used to want kids back when I was in my twenties. Now at 51 I don’t want any kids. I don’t have any and want to keep it that way. I want to retire in eleven years. No desire to support any kids when I’m in my 60’s.

Ra's Al Ghul and Deleted Account like this.
  5. So true. Agreed.

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Where I live there are bigger problems than "Culture of hell" but I suppose it depends on how well you raise your children. I am surrounded by a stereotypical ghetto-ish kind of culture and thanks to my parents I consider myself a decent person, or at least not tainted by it.

7. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Yeah I know I'm sounding defeatist, but I think you're on the opposite spectrum of being highly idealistic.

8. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Decades and decades of Cultural Marxism, and the chickens have come home to roost.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  9. I always hear that parents love to have more kids. It is love. And think about it from a wider aspect; more children = bigger family + more joy + more love and partnering.

If you dont have issues as poor financial crisis or health or whatever reason. Then why not to have children?!?

10. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

My issue isn't having kids it's finding someone I wanna have kids with.

11. Or have the dangerous sodomites come home to roost?