1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody use Duolingo?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Beopus, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Beopus

Beopus Fapstronaut

I've got French going and am close to finishing the whole circuit even though I've only got 50% fluency according to Duolingo. I'm thinking about getting some German in next.

Anybody use the app/website and wanna form clubs? It's free and very effective.

MrPrince and pure-eyes_opening like this.
  2. Psycho96

Psycho96 Guest

I'm starting learning French again on Duolingo these days. (first time I used it was 3 year ago, but I haven't finished the course yet)

Beopus and pure-eyes_opening like this.
  3. Beopus

Beopus Fapstronaut

Come join the club! GYQJT2.

4. Sans_Fear

Sans_Fear Fapstronaut

Yes, I have been using too to improve my English (?) and French. I am not a native speaker and I make silly mistakes of pronouncing words correctly. Humility is the key, is not it?

5. Beopus

Beopus Fapstronaut

Come join us Sans! Psycho has joined the club :D

6. Psycho96

Psycho96 Guest

Humility is the key to all beautiful dignity. Beside, in language, I think we must be consistently patient and confident.
    I'm not a native English speaker too!

7. Jamesnames

Jamesnames New Fapstronaut

It's awesome, but for language learning try to get off "learning material" as quick as u can and into native stuff like books and TV made for natives, thats when you'll see those bursts of progress.

Beopus likes this.
  8. Beopus

Beopus Fapstronaut

Thanks James! Come join the club? :D

9. MrPrince

MrPrince Fapstronaut

Im learning spanish through a course and doulingo

10. Beopus

Beopus Fapstronaut

Welcome to the club!

11. seth

seth Fapstronaut

Duolingo won't do the trick alone. No one program will teach you a language alone - you need to attack it from multiple points. I recommend using Pimsleur to build the grammar, for vocab, and talking to someone in that language for a minute or two a day. Granted, I was only able to keep this up for a few months, before losing the consistency.

12. TommyT

TommyT New Fapstronaut

The app is great! I've also been using the duolingo forums to practice my written French and get tips on French websites. It's actually quite a good way to meet people for language exchanges.

13. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

I do, but I think the fluency is pretty inaccurate, I got around 65% and I almost never make a mistake

14. Psycho96

Psycho96 Guest

Sheppard likes this.
  15. Beopus

Beopus Fapstronaut

Not true! I did 3 lessons the other day :rolleyes::rolleyes: