1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

any of you circumcised?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by XYHL, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

I'm circumcised. The reason for it was nor religious but hygiene when I was a kid. I'm not completely circumcised however. Some forskin is still left. Can't say what is better. I like the look of a circumcised penis but I guess that's just me being used to it.
    I read that men who get cut have more problems than men who got cut as children.
    I personally can't complain because when I'm completely errect everything feels very intense. But I can't compare it to the natural feeling with foreskin though.
    Is here Anybody who got cut at an older age? If yes I'd like to know how they like it.

2. Kiddy

Kiddy Fapstronaut

I heard a lot of parents did it to their sons because they didn't want them to feel different from other boys. But I decided to leave my son uncut, even though I myself am cut. I just thought it would be better to be natural.

3. I am, and maybe if I wasn't I wouldn't suffer from death grip? :D

4. IGY

IGY Guest

Death dick grip affects natural and cut penises. o_O

5. JCMD_hi

JCMD_hi Fapstronaut

I'm not, it's not a common practice where I live. I have to say I really wouldn't care any way but I'm happy I have my foreskin. The one thing I don't understand is why it's so prevalent in th US. It's usually just a religious thing but in the states it seems like most people get it done.

I think when people say things like "it's easier to clean" that it sounds pretty stupid. Not to be mean to anyone but I don't think it makes much of a difference. I think it would've been easier to clean in the past when things weren't as they are now but when I'm washing it takes me like a minute to clean my foreskin and basically all of my dick.

6. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Well, somewhat related: the World Health Organization considers circumcision an effective help to preventing AIDS.

As far as why circumcision was/is so common in the U.S.? I dunno; it's certainly not religious.

7. IGY

IGY Guest

It doesn't take much effort to clean your willy, silly, haha! :p

JCMD_hi likes this.
  8. DogDaysOfLife

DogDaysOfLife Fapstronaut

@Septimus: Circumcision is rare in Europe and the rest of the Americas simply because it is not traditional in these regions. It was gradually popularized in the US until it became very common. People like John Harvey Kellogg of cereal fame wrote in 1888 that circumcision would stop young boys from masturbating. It was promoted by cultural obsession with cleanliness (eww smegma) and temperance plus doctors' willingness to do surgery for unnecessary reasons. The military during the world wars was concerned with preventing STDs. Post-war, more babies were born in hospitals, private medical insurance covered it, and culture emphasized conformity. Scientific opposition didn't start up until the 1970s. In the western US, circumcision rates have dropped to a minority of male babies. Some people are changing their minds now because circumcision seems to reduce HIV infection rates in Africa. However, the HIV epidemic among heterosexuals in Africa is much more widespread than in the US. There's no comparison.

Septimus likes this.
  9. IGY

IGY Guest

Thanks @DogDaysOfLife, I didn't know hardly any of that info about why circumcision is unnecessary. Most interesting.