1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any music producers out there.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Quiet warrior, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Quiet warrior

Quiet warrior Fapstronaut

Oh, perfectionism can be really bad and exhausting at some stages of producing.
    For example, when you spend crazy amount of time tweaking a few knobs of synth trying to achieve perfect sound or effect, and eventually no one even notices it. That's wack. Or I'm mixing my track, I put too much attention to specific area of the mix, again trying to achieve perfect sound, so I end up making my track sound terrible and unbalanced.

It's very easy to fall into this trap of perfectionism. I'm constantly catching myself up in it.
    We need to keep in mind that we need to deliver our idea first and then to be perfect.

As far as I know Renoise is a kinda tracker and it's very tough to produce music in them.
    How do you feel about using the software?

I've never heard of those artists that you named. My favorite artists in Synthwave are Com Truise, Carpenter Brut and Power Glove. Maybe you know them.

Also I have a synthwavy intro in my second track. What do you think of it?

Thanks, man, probably I will finish this track with lady laughing, but I will substitute this laugh for something better. It doesn't fit in the track.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. As far as I know Renoise is a kinda tracker and it's very tough to produce music in them.
    How do you feel about using the software?

I love it. I find the workflow a bit faster than fl studio, which I previously used and it is more fun. Also, Using a tracker changes the way compose your melodies and everything really. In my case it brings me much closer to the kind of sound I envision. It does look like wizardry but really it is not that hard and everything is pretty intuitive really. You just have to take a bit of time to learn it.

I've never heard of those artists that you named. My favorite artists in Synthwave are Com Truise, Carpenter Brut and Power Glove. Maybe you know them.
    Yeah I listened to those artists you listed. I like em all but Carpenter, who in my humble opinion sounds like he's put a saturator on his master channel and turned it up to 11.

Also I have a synthwavy intro in my second track. What do you think of it?
    I love it! Interesting use of fog horns haha. It's nice and chill and doesn't make a huge wall of sound at max volume though that's kinda to be expected with trap. The mix sounds great.

3. Ok, take back what I said about Carpenter, his newer stuff is much cleaner.

4. Quiet warrior

Quiet warrior Fapstronaut

Still Carpenter is using lots and lots of saturation and other effects to change waveform.

About using trackers. Tbh I haven't used it in my life I just know that they are tedious. It's very hard to program music there.

I feel like ordinary DAW make my life easier to produce music.

About my work.
    It's a work in progress and I will continue doing it. I feel like it doesn't have much energy and power as you rightly noted.

Anyway, we can talk in Private Messages if you want, I think we'll also talk about our recovery.

5. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

I composed / sampled like 6 instrumentals for my 12 tracks Christian hip-hop album project. With Audacity XD

Quiet warrior and tweeby like this.
  6. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I'm using garage band but I haven't made much.

Quiet warrior likes this.