Any metal fans?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lew, Dec 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Road to freedom

Road to freedom Fapstronaut

I'm a metalhead, great to see you guys here! Metal means freedom, free will and going against the trend, so it gives us power to beat the addiction. Yes, it sounds cliched, but it's the plain truth....

2. shen

shen Fapstronaut

Ex-fan. Actually you could have caught me listening to some Slipknot, Soulfly, Sevendust, Korn, Coal Chamber, and Satan knows what else around a week and half ago at the tail end of a bender.

I was into newer metal too but like I said ex-fan no incentive to discuss something I'm not into anymore.

Oh I guess As It Is and Motionless in White too.

3. shen

shen Fapstronaut

Wow did I just drop the name of a pop punk emo rock band in a metal thread?

Saw my hands off with a hacksaw.

4. Nick 1989

Nick 1989 Fapstronaut

5. I’ve been a metal fan most of my life. I like metal from every decade but ‘80s metal like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Megadeth etc will probably always be my favorite.

6. Stitch 626

Stitch 626 Fapstronaut

Huge fan of metal here. Vulgar Display of Power is in my glovebox right now!

Taylor25 and Nick 1989 like this.
  7. shen

shen Fapstronaut

STAR ONE HAS Returned me to fandom

Knighthawk likes this.
  8. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Yo that’s awesome that know of Star One. Arjen Lucessen is my man. Ayreon is one of my absolute favorite to listen to.

9. Anybody here like black/death metal? Tons of people in the world does not like that kind of music but it's art and the bands that always keep me interested are Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, and Death.

haiduk and Road to freedom like this.
  10. I also like Cradle of Filth and Arch Enemy.

11. RollerCoaster

RollerCoaster Fapstronaut

12. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Where can I find good Rock/Metal in my area? No soyboy/hipster shit either.

13. Metal has changed my life, molded me as a person, opened me to a whole new world, made me meet a lot of people that are by my side to this day. Heavy Metal is not just music, its a way of life, we headbangers are like a big family. Metal and music itself has the power to change lives, like it changed mine. So when i see some people saying ''oh i used to listen'' or ''I used to be a fan'', i gotta laugh, sorry mate, you were never a fan, specially if we are talking about true metal, i've never heard of someone who used to listen to bands like priest, maiden and sabbath with all their heart and just stopped listening to them because well because time flies and tastes change. If you say you were a fan and is not a fan anymore, you were never a fan, you were just listening to impress someone or you liked that way they dressed, because this type of music is not like pop shit of today that people listen on weekends and parties. Heavy metal is forever, it's a part of you, it touches your soul and never leaves. A big salute to all headbangers who like me, know metal never dies with you, even after death.

14. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Yeah, I like metal, but I'm rather picky when it comes to what I'll listen to. I like Dragonforce, Sabaton, Wintersun, Lacuna Coil and Metallica (their old stuff).

15. InnerFaith

InnerFaith Fapstronaut

used to be a big metalhead when i was younger..
    once in a while i binge on some metal :)

16. SuckMyKiss

SuckMyKiss Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I love metal too but generally I listen to oldschool stuff (Megadeth, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden etc.). Is there any newschool band makes good thrash metal stuff?

Road to freedom likes this.
  17. ClickClickBoom

ClickClickBoom Fapstronaut

18. haiduk

haiduk New Fapstronaut

Sometimes metal is better without vocals

19. ClickClickBoom

ClickClickBoom Fapstronaut

Lets keep the Metal thread alive