1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any good novel suggestions without any adult content in it?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by InvisibleControl, Jun 5, 2016.

1. I can highly recommend the Jack Reacher Novels by Lee Child, "Killing Floor" being the first part of the series. They're all perfectly clean. Whenever sex is involved, the kissing starts in one sentence and the next sentence is about heavy panting afterwards, or the alarm clock going off.

2. InvisibleControl

InvisibleControl Fapstronaut

Killswitch Engage all the way!!!

EverythingIsConnected likes this.
  3. EverythingIsConnected

EverythingIsConnected Fapstronaut

4. javier chomer

javier chomer Fapstronaut

Try the alchimist from Pablo Cohelio. Its about a kid who wants to know more about the world and travels.

Ted Martin likes this.
  5. Ted Martin

Ted Martin Fapstronaut

I second this recommendation. Excellent read!

Also try the Wool - Silo Series (5 books) by Hugh Howey. They are a post apocalyptic (dystopian) series a little more on the sci-fi side. Nothing sexual in them that I can recall, perhaps a bit of crude language here and there but otherwise very clean, engaging and entertaining. Finally, I recently read The Perfect Son by Barbara Claypole White. Very emotionally engaging book. I can't recall anything sexual in that either. About a dying mother and how the father who was not very present in his son's life before this tries to step in and be a father and a mother to their autistic son and heal a damaged relationship. Great read for guys in recovery that are trying to learn to reconnect in healthy ways with other men. Very touching and moving story.

6. Ted Martin

Ted Martin Fapstronaut

Loved The Alchemist! A bit slow moving but so much imagery and symbolism. If you read it with eyes that are looking for the symbolism there is a whole other story line under the surface that you can gain wisdom from. Great recommendation! I have his Warrior of the Light book downloaded to my Kindle but haven't started it yet. Hope it's as good. ;)

7. Ted Martin

Ted Martin Fapstronaut

Oh...and one more that all guys love is: Unbroken: A World War II Story... by Laura Hillenbrand. They did a movie on it too. The book is way better. It's the Louis Zamporini story. He was an Olympic athlete that was a WWII POW and his story of survival. Very inspiring story about hope and resilience. Another good one for guys in recovery that need to be inspired to press on and not give up hope despite struggles. Sorry. Avid reader here. So many suggestions! LOL

ivanhoe likes this.
  8. InvisibleControl

InvisibleControl Fapstronaut

thanks a lot for all the suggestions.I will look into it.

9. Ahddub

Ahddub Guest

I liked the Deltora Quest series as a kid and now I still love them

10. javier chomer

javier chomer Fapstronaut

Oh, I might try to read it if I find the time to do it or the will to read. Lately I found it hard to read, maybe when I am home alone I will try .