1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety solutions

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SDJR, Nov 10, 2023.

1. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I've got a long streak going and at this point I don't even want to touch it. I don't let that get to my head. I know that can all be gone in a second if I don't keep myself in check.
    Right now I'm also avoiding all dating apps until at least the end of the month and I do a morning meditation routine.

There's so many things I want to accomplish but I issues with anxiety keeps my back and I go through hot and cold periods with my goals

Who here feels they've really got a handle on anxiety, and how did you do it?

2. My anxiety shows itself by avoiding situations I don't feel comfortable in. For example standing in front of a group or going to a bar on my own talking with strangers.
    By confronting my anxiety in being in a situation I'd normally avoid, I overcome my anxiety.
    If some situation makes your anxiety worse, confront it and overcome it.
    It's hard in the beginning, but the reward after is amazing.

There was a program om tv that would confront teenagers with their anxiety. They were confronted with their fear of hights by bungeejumping. They cried and didn't want to do it, but some did. They were so proud of overcoming their fear of heights.
    The ones who didn't jump, regret that they didn't jump. They got a second chance later and they jumped.
    The excitement that they got after coming back up is amazing.

Another example is training for a marathon.
    In the beginning running feels awful and your body doesn't want to make you feel uncomfortable. But if you keep pushing through those phases, you'll be able to run a marathon in the end! Keep pushing.
    The same is happening with anxiety - your mind/body doesn't want you to get in situation. Train your spirit to be stronger than your body. The more you run, the better you'll get. The more you'll get in situations anxiety doesn't want you to be in, the easier it'll be.

Go overcome your anxiety! Get out of your comfort zone and take steps.
    Good luck.

I_always_try_again and fusion47 like this.
  3. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I find exposure therapy works to a degree. And with specific things.
    The issue is the meaning things have to you.
    For example. If you're a salesman making cold calls and you think your product is no good, that your bothering people etc you will always have anxiety before picking up the phone.
    If however you legitimately think you have a great product and you're helping people by showing them how great it is anxiety won't exist to you.
    With me the meaning behind things seems to be on the negative side and that's what gives me anxiety.
    If you think you're a good catch you will never be scared to talk to a woman. Youre scared to talk to a woman because you assume you're no good and she'll reject you

I_always_try_again and fusion47 like this.
  4. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

What if it’s our beliefs that are causing the anxiety?
    In the case of talking to women, the woman always lets you know when she’s interested in you. When you become aware of this then there is no anxiety about being rejected.

fusion47 likes this.
  5. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

That's not true. Many women don't know how to let us know.
    They can be shy as well

fusion47 likes this.
  6. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

If a woman is truly interested in you then she will let you know at some point, shy or not shy. It's up to us to pick up on the signals. In other words, it's a question of our awareness.

fusion47 likes this.
  7. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I will have to disagree on that. In my personal experience there have been times where I was 100% sure the woman was interested but it turned out she wasn't and vice versa.
    If you're interested in a woman, the best thing to do as a man, is to make your move.

fusion47 likes this.
  8. Prophet Harry

Prophet Harry Fapstronaut

The only way to overcome your anxiety is to fight it with all your might...

9. When my anxiety was at its worst, I took an OTC supplement called 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) and it helped settle my nerves. As I maintained my current streak, I began using it less frequently and now, I don't use it at all. There is the occasional anxiety but it's nowhere near the level that it once was

I_always_try_again and SDJR like this.
  10. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

If you were 100% aware of the reality of the situation then you would have realized that the woman wasn't interested in you, then there would be no need to make a move!

fusion47 likes this.
  11. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

well I'm very happy that your 100% aware of the reality at all times....
    Get real man. Its not possible to always know what's going to happen next. And if you think you do, you're bullshitting yourself and just making it up.

fusion47 likes this.
  12. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

I never said I'm 100% aware of reality at all times. It's a state that takes years, even a lifetime, of work. Don't you think the more aware we are of our surroundings, of other people, and what's happening inside ourselves the more likely we are to navigate through each day with less self-induced anxiety? If I remember correctly, the name of this thread is "Anxiety Solutions."

fusion47 likes this.