1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety related question

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Wuzzaap, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Wuzzaap

Wuzzaap Fapstronaut

Hey all, I know that fapping effects our anxiety levels. Though i feel that my anxiety is related to physical problem as well . Thats why i turned to medication .
    At first I tried an ssri which helped for a bit and now its not working anymore .
    I tried a klonopin pill from a friend and that shit worked good!!! The obly problem its addictive and im looking for something long term.
    I was considering Effexor , though am not sure how it would be different than an ssri.

Does anyone has an experience with anxiety medications?

2. Wuzzaap

Wuzzaap Fapstronaut

3. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Have you ever considered taking another path to conquer your anxiety issues rather than through expensive, highly addictive and body-degrading medications?
    I know it might sound out of question at the moment but as a matter of fact, those medications will only make you a slave and servant because of their highly addictive properties, not to mention the dozens of side-effects that you might get.
    As a person who used to struggle with anxiety and poo emotional control in the past and who got out of it as well (without taking any medications either), I can assure you there are plenty of other ways to battle the issue. The way I dealt with it was through self-improvement where I took one little step a time (no matter how small in the beginning) to change my old habits, beliefs and patterns of thinking.

So, a good start would be to write down all of your current habits and try to identify which ones are bad and what you could do to replace them with better and healthier alternatives. For example; if you notice that you play video-games 2+ hours every day, you should maybe at first consider reading a book during that time instead and in the long run sell your gaming console and buy books for that money. I know it might sound hard to hear right now but in the long run, you will become a better, more open-minded, increase your vocabulary and become a more multi-facetted person through reading than wasting time on TV-games and pointless TV-series.
    Also, NoFap (especially being on hard-mode) will of course help you a great deal and I can't stress the impact of how much quitting those two destructive habits have had on my own life. It is also the two hardest habits to quit but by taking little steps in quitting other bad habits prior to NoFap, you will be much less likely to relapse in the future and have an energy level and motivation you can only dream about.

ares72 likes this.