1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-learn

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Breaking Fap, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Breaking Fap

Breaking Fap Fapstronaut

Hello,

Iwas wondering if someone knows about how to reverse the learn process of undesirable neuromuscular patterns?

Imagine you want to unlearn riding a bike. How do you do that? Waiting until you forget it?

There is some special activity beside the waiting, that so to speak fulfils your wishes, or intentions.
    I wish myself, that I unlearn the pattern of tensing up certain muscles, or tensing up the breathing. Because it's obviously undesirable. This also applies to mastrubation and patterns of seeking refuge in some sort of stimulus.

Imagine someone learnt riding a bike in some strange way. Half of his biking abilities are useful.
    The other half is ineffective and restrictive.
    How is it now possible to forget the "bad" patterns, and not loosing the "good" one?
    Every time this person tries to sit on the bike, and train the good patterns, he also unconsciously applies the bad patterns, which not only override his efforts, but also making it more and more difficult to "regenerate".

Something is wrong... It's like nature is unbalanced, and tending to negativity.
    Whatever this guy tries, it gets worse. Doing nothing is more helpful than training.
    At least I experienced a lot, that nature is steering me to negativity.

Do you think nature tends to negativity? It cannot be true, because live would not exist without a posivite intention. Why do I then experience so much of it?
    It must therefore be a disease of our society, to emphasize negativity.

2. Verhart

Verhart Fapstronaut

Speaking about my own experience, I always had that "head forward " posture and also round shoulders. I think it's because of too much time spent on computer and some sign of not being confident. The only thing that work for me is conciously putting effort not to do so. Or better, having a good posture. The chances are some day my mind will remember that(as it had remembered the bad posture before) and I will unconciously stand straight. I think that the most important point here is to remember that it takes a lot of time. I mean, I had those problems for nearly 17 years of my life, how could I change that in one day?