1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime discussion

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Life enjoyer, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Life enjoyer

Life enjoyer Fapstronaut

Hello guys recently I’ve been bored and decided to get into anime again,but obviously the ones without too many triggers and I made this thread so anyone can put in their recommendations! :)

2. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

Anime

death note.
    one punch man (webcomic > manga > anime).
    akira.
    parasyte : the maxim, it recently got a pretty decent netflix adaptation
    ajin(tho manga is better).
    overlord(light novel > manga > anime).

suicide island.
    mirai nikki.
    fate/zero.

psycho-pass.
    violence jack.​

Manga

kurosawa, legend of the strongest.
    Liar game.
    hunter x hunter, author periodically goes into hiatuses.​

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  3. hiimbubbles

hiimbubbles Fapstronaut

Both The Aquatope On White Sand and Laid Back Camp were incredibly beautiful slice of life series that I would recommend they are also both relatively short

4. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Demon sword and demon Slayer , you could probably just choose one of them as they might feel similar , similar plot ,kill demons lol

5. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

Code geass - this was my first anime.
    Before this I always thought anime is for kids.

Death note was my second anime but most anime guys had already watched it.

Third was future diary or mirai Nikki, not comparable to above two but still better than most, it revolves around time travel and parallel universe concept.

While we are at time travel, don't miss "stein's gate", it was one of the best out there, story takes time to build, give it atleast 3 episodes.

Also don't forget "classroom of elites", another genius comparable to lelouch vi Britannia and light yagmi.

Last but not the least will be "solo leveling", watch those episodes if you want, don't worry about waiting for season 2, you can always move to manhwa. I and most of the people have read it's manhwa, it's so good that people were worried that anime might spoil solo leveling reputation if not done properly, but they did a good job.

I support above suggestions like demon slayer, but avoid overlord anime, it's a good over powered anime but albedo is way too breath taking, she literally orgasmed while just listening to praises from her master, and it's not just one scene, she is almost always horny, there are many similar scenes. There are cross dressing characters etc. Just stay away from it.

Khufu likes this.
  6. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Thank you for heads up on overlord we don't get enough warning for shows like that until it's too late,as we noticed, some anime are obsessed with showing the panties and under the skirt lmao

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    GhostRider@11 likes this.
  7. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

I found most of popular anime too infantile and every attempt to get back into it ending soon with me giving up under the assault of pure cringe. With one exception - Cowboy Bebop. It's a "space western" and a classic. It has nice jazz music and blade runner type loneliness but also quirky fun.

If you're worried about even mild triggers then you should avoid the whole genre. The Japanese love large breasts and can't help drawing them.

hiimbubbles and Khufu like this.
  8. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    And the woman's crotch lol

9. Vinland Saga. Season 1 was good. Then season 2 came along and completely blew it out of the water. It's inspiring in a way few anime ever are.

10. Mr. Unhappy

Mr. Unhappy Fapstronaut

Love Anime! In Anime you have to be careful because Japanese tease allot in innocent shows.

Some I can recommend, here is a list.

G Gundam/ Gundam Wing. Neither are triggering..

Zoids: New Century Zero or Chaotic Century are extremely good. Take a good chunk of time to watch and enjoy.

Re:Life.. Very good for anybody that took high school all four years and is living adult hood now. It related to me allot with all of the struggles.

Spirit Detective YuYu Hakusho.. Very interesting story and literally zero percent in triggers. Deals with the bad and good though.

Clanned. Just an absurd emotional anime no triggers at all. Slice Of life. Cute and romantic.

If you are okay with watching a thriller or horror a very short one is Hakurenbo

Another horror is Paranoia Agent.. Just thrills and no sexual continuity.

I couldn't recommend Yugioh any more. It's a wonderful series and strikes directly at the card game it self, nothing sexual about it and the characters are comical.

11. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

Anyone like Monster here? I'm 20 chapters in and it's clearly becoming my favorite of all time. This is coming from a huge death note fan.

hiimbubbles likes this.
  12. hiimbubbles

hiimbubbles Fapstronaut

You should watch Gunslinger Girl if you havent already or 91 Days both of them are fantastic

13. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

Both look cool. I’ll add them to the list.

hiimbubbles likes this.
  14. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

I’m not a big anime guy. But I’m very nostalgic to the old anime shows that watched I when I was a kid on Cartoon Network, Toonami ,and Kids WB. They were shows that’s been around before your time since I see your 18. But im just giving shows out if you ever watch them or want to follow again.

-Pokémon .But I enjoyed the earlier seasons since they were my childhood seasons I watched.

-Dragon Ball Z. I would rather watch Dragon Ball first to follow the series up.

-Yu-Gi-Oh

-Naruto

-Sailor Moon. I never watched the show since it was around the beginning of my time. My sister was into the show when I was little. Not sure if it’s very triggering to you.

These were all good shows. Some are TV-PG, TV-Y7.