An introduction

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by kanta, Jul 29, 2014.

1. kanta

kanta Fapstronaut

I'm a 25 year old male who came across NoFap a couple of months ago (through a New Yorker article) and tried it for a very brief period--about five days, at that time, if I remember correctly. It went pretty well, but some of the challenges of being in a long-distance relationship at the time meant that my motivation to abstain flagged, and I just sort of fell away from it. I've decided to get back to it, now.

What that means to me is to refrain from PMO, with an initial goal of a month (and hopefully a lot longer). I'm going for regular, rather than hard mode. This also happens to be the first time that I've intended to participate actively in an online community (I do a lot lurking in many different spheres of interest), and I'm hoping that this, in particular, will help me keep from "falling away" from my goals again.

All in all: happy to be here, and eager to get started.

2. drsim

drsim Fapstronaut

Good luck to you! Even one day of success is worth it!!

3. Phoenix-free

Phoenix-free Fapstronaut

Welcome to the Forum, kanta. There is a lot of support here, but it's like a relationship--gotta be give and take. In fact, supporting others is a surprising way of helping you in your progress to stay strong.

4. kanta

kanta Fapstronaut

Thanks! And yes, it is.

Thanks for the welcome!

5. know_a_bit

know_a_bit Fapstronaut

That is so true! Every time we have a day of success that is a victory!

6. know_a_bit

know_a_bit Fapstronaut

I absolutely agree pizzaman! It is amazing how helpful it is! We leverage a whole different part of our brain/mind/soul etc. when we help others.