Am new here, hope to see some benefits and growth that I've not seen for a long time

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by wildflower, Apr 17, 2019.

1. wildflower

wildflower New Fapstronaut

Hi yall,

I'm a 26M and just felt called to do a Reboot few days ago. (I've actually tried a few years back but "relapsed" after a week or two.) Hopefully will be able to see some benefits in time to come. I'd like to add on daily practices like meditation as well.

I'm not sure what the threshold/benchmark of addiction is though. But I have been PMO-ing for >10years? I've had partners before, sometimes I can stop for a few days. Most of the times triggers would be being alone in a room, bored or escaping/procrastinating from other issues. Will not have urges if I'm out doing work or exercising. So if I'm in a busy period and I'm always out, I might not PMO. Or maybe one time before sleep. In general, PMO has been a long-forming habit and I only realised it has been daily recently.

One fact to benchmark against is the fact that past urges were not consciously evaluated and maybe just given in to. (Isn't it normal to have high libido/sexual desires?) Slightly confused with this part. But I don't think it'll hurt to reboot! Moreover I've not done this before. And I guess choosing consciously or unconsciously to PMO is super easy, but rebooting seems to the ego more difficult - but that also means it might be more worth it to follow through.

Hope to have mutual support on this forum!
    Have some fear of difficulties ahead. Roughly have an idea but wanna get through them this time.
    :emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle:

Goals (Personally want to achieve 90 days reboot PMO, exception PM if a partner somehow appears)
    Stage1: 30 days hard-mode
    Stage2: 60 days hard-mode
    Stage3: 90 days hard-mode
    Reassess goal after each stage and after achieving 90days reboot

2. Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your story.

RightLane likes this.
  3. Bloom22

Bloom22 Fapstronaut

Hii, im new here too, and I hope you can successfully achieve your reboot :)

RightLane likes this.
  4. Welcome aboard! Seems like you have your goals laid out. Don’t get discouraged if you stumble here and there. It’s a slow process. I wish you all the best! :)

Bloom22 likes this.
  5. RightLane

RightLane Fapstronaut

Welcome guys! I hope you both find your freedom from this addiction here. I can tell you that you guys have found a great resource in your fight to be free. I would encourage you guys to log daily in a journal here and post on your profile each day. Fight hard and get free!

Deleted Account and Bloom22 like this.
  6. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

You may want to consider a slightly different perspective. Use day count as a way of keeping track of your journey - achieving 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days are all very good things. But just crossing the calendar days may not be sufficient to sustain your motivation. Think about WHY you want, and more importantly, why you NEED to do the noPMO journey. Maybe its to heal physical damage (PIED), strengthen a relationship, or other reason. Whatever it is, perhaps THAT should be your goal and the day counts are checkpoints along the way.

You've noted that this journey may include some difficulties. It will. Having a very power reason of why you are on the journey - and keeping that reason (or reasons) constantly fresh in your mind - will help provide the motivation and determination to sustain you on the journey.

One day at a time is how we all succeed.