1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I on a leash?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by SolitaryScribe, Oct 4, 2017.

1. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

So I started regularly messaging this girl that I've known for a while. 2 weeks ago I confessed my feelings to her, and we hung out a couple of days after and we kissed during that "date". My situation with her is very complicated because you see she's my best friends ex, and they only broke up like 3 months ago after being together for 2 years. In any case its been a really messed up 2 weeks. One day she'll tell me that we need some space so she can figure out her emotions then the next day she's back to messaging me and like "the hell with the space". Whenever I try to get too close she freaks out and tells me that I need to get it straight that she hasn't fell for me or shes not my girlfriend or what not. And why I try to push her away she freaks out and tells me she doesn't want to lose me. At this point I'm convinced that she doesn't actually like me and that she's just keeping me on a leash just in case. Maybe she likes the attention... I dunno. I know this doesn't have to do with my PMO struggle but if anyone could give advise that be great!

Thanks!

2. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

I think you answered your own question bro she is just keeping you in the pending status until her ex takes her back or find someone else plus I know from experience that when you do fool around or pursue a girl he just got out of a relationship tread softly she maybe still will be dealing with emotional baggage that she hasn't situated yet and that's not fair to you also more times than not they will still go back to the ex so I would give her an ultimatum but be civil and respectful I do t think you should invest in someone emotionally when they are too distracted to give you the same level of emotion or passion

3. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Thanks Hitto, I Kind of figured as much... so in about another 2 weeks I'm going to this convention that's part of my church, and she's going to be there as well. I'm kind of buying my time until then. After the convention I'm going to giver her the ultimatum to see if she's made up her mind... if not i'm just going to cut her off.

What's really messed up is that not too long ago while I was messaging her, she kept bringing up her ex randomly... it kind of annoyed me so I told her I had a client and that I was busy...

4. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Yeah bro it's all good I've experienced that I remember trying to pursue this girl who I knew from a mutual friend at the time and she was "breaking it off after 5yrs with her ex who was also friends with my mutual friend long story short a met her at the club and her ex showed up in retrospect probably to make him jealous but I met her at her apartment later that night and he showed up and she goes I'm gonna go to talk to him and tell him off 2 hours later I heard them fucking downstairs lol lesson learned plus my mutual friend warned me to not get involved