1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

All Alphamales are Chads but not all Chads are Alphamales.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by FormerLeatherneck, May 8, 2023.

1. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

Case in point is Tom Brady. DB9ADA8B-EC5B-4FAB-AA2A-98E5AD1CD1ED.jpeg

KevinesKay likes this.
  2. Another one is Aaron Rodgers. Imagine leaving pro football team just to play for the Jets. It's

upload_2023-5-9_9-51-50.jpeg

3. FormerLeatherneck

Aaron Rodgers is Based. He never gets married, he’ll be dating a gal and then pull out at just the right time avoiding the Marriage Scam. I think he’s an undercover MGTOW guy.

KevinesKay likes this.
  4. There are many tenets of the red-pill I do agree with, but I have always struggled with the MGTOW one. It's not that I hate MGTOW especially after reading some stories of you and others and I also came to realize that most ex-military guys perfer to be isolated from the civilian population and it's pretty much a way of life for most young men these days and I can't blame them. However this may seem like a complete joke to you but... There is still a part of me that actually craves that type of connection with a woman even though it seems impractical and self-destructive. However at the same time I'm at the stage of my life where I'm unsatisfied with where I am, and I think that it is healthy in a way to put those types of feelings and connections off maybe even outright avoid them. So I can focus on the things that I like and find more ways to work up the ladder to get where I want to be. And where I want to get to.

But my main point was is how can Aaron Rodgers be Alpha if he left a team like the Packers and play for The New York Jets?

KevinesKay likes this.
  5. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

MGTOW is when you try to swollow the red pill but you dont swollow it completely (for whatever reason) and it got stuck in your throat.
    In between of both worlds, belonging to neither red nor blue completely. Very dangerous and destructive. Some people will manage to swallow it later on with time, others dont and will be choked on it.

6. I think that MGTOW can be useful for a short while, (I pretty much had my phase in high school.) It got me to realize that high school relationships are nothing more than phases. And got me to focus on more meaningful things. But you are right it can be very dangerous and self-destructive if you basically chain yourself to that philosophy. Ideally, the phase can be useful for guys trying to make it through middle school and/or high school, but if you are a man in your 50s and still believe this stuff... You learned too late.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2023
  7. Nerevar

Nerevar Fapstronaut

Chad = good looks.
    Alpha = masculine/aggressive behavior.

Maybe include being entertaining and charismatic, as in fun to be around and have witty talk with girls where you tease them and make them feel all kind of emotions, in the alpha set.

So yeah, they are not the same. But I think the Chad beats the Alpha. Looks beat behavior.

8. FormerLeatherneck

Looks don’t beat behavior for the long haul, and the long haul is what counts, unless you only want short term flings.

9. FormerLeatherneck

I’m not that emotionally invested in Sportsball that much, I’m just very casual about it and it’s not a huge deal for me. I get annoyed with people in real life who take Sportsball so dam seriously like win/loss records, etc. I wear my Raiders hats all the time when I go to rock concerts or other shows and I always get that one idiot fan that just takes it so dam serious as if he gets paid to be a hardcore fan when he’s simply a lowly bar tender or fan of a different team. I have to explain to these brainlets that I’m not that serious about it.

10. I definitely don't take sports as much as seriously as I take other things if I am being quite honest. I like the Bears. However I do tend to take music a whole lot more seriously, but that is because I am very passionate about my own guitar playing and as a Metalhead and Rock fan I often get associated with dumbasses who think that bands like My Chemical Romance and Black Veil Brides make good music when in reality, THEY DON'T! Emo is not rock, and it sure as hell ain't metal. There is no punishment severe enough in this world or the next that could ever be inflicted upon people who make this type of shitty music. A lot of people these people complain about "Gatekeeping" Especially in metal, but the kids that like Emo are the very reason why we do it.

FormerLeatherneck likes this.
  11. Nerevar

Nerevar Fapstronaut

I think looks is king. (TD;LR bolded)

Everybody loves the beauty of a good-looking person just as much as anyone else.

I don't think everyone only cares about how good-looking you are. But I think everyone only cares mostly about how good-looking you are.

I think women are more comfortable with this idea, they know men mostly care about looks. It's what they expect, it's why they wear make-up, they know that a man will be attracted to your looks first before being attracted to your personality and the person you are. Sure, you can find someone with depth, but even they are going to care about looks on some level.

Before getting to personality, I think most women made peace with the idea that they have to go through looks. Society literally tells them this.

By contrast, it's men who have an issue with the fact that women care mostly about looks, because they did not expect this. They want women to care about personality, heck, even status, other things.

Guys if they say "I like looks" it's okay. Women if they say "I like looks" are superficial. This is why I think women avoid to mention the fact that they care about looks as much as men if not more. Because they will get judged for it, unlike men who won't.

Because when a woman cares about looks she is "superficial". But when a man cares about looks he's just doing what a man is supposed to do. I think there are these double standards in society and they are the reason why men have a harder time to believe that yes women care about looks too. And women a harder time to say that yes they care about looks as much as men.

How does this work?

Minimum threshold, anything on that minium threshold is fine, anything below that minimum treshold is non-dateable, anything above that minimum threshold is a bonus.

Everybody had different standards for looks, so a minimum threshold requirement. But everybody has a threshold, and for everybody anything above that threshold is a bonus.

(Women can understand this better with the friendzone)

Let's say you're a man/woman and your minimum looks threshold is 4/7, and you have 3 suitors, one is a 3 the other is a 6 and the last one 8. If your minimum threshold is 4, you won't even consider the girl with 3 in terms of looks. She could have the best personality in the world, she will be a friend at best to you because you're simply not attracted to her.

I know guys can relate to this. But it applies to girls too.

Now, for the girls with 6 and 8, the both pass your minimum threshold attraction level, so you have the potential to see them attractive and "dating potential". From now on, since they passed your minimum threshold requirement, it's a battle between looks & personality. The girl who is an 8 has a huge advantage in looks, but the girl who is a 6 can more than make up for this in personality.

She could be slightly less good looking but has a better personality, so you would prefer the girl who is a 6 and has a better personality than the girl who is an 8. It's not like "omg, I have no personality" but rather, let's say you enjoy your time around more around girl 6, she makes you laugh, she is fun, she is aloof, she has weird jokes that you share, you simply feel better around here. Where as girl with looks level 8 is more cold and aloof or even indifferent. The 6 simply makes you feel better around her where as the 8 is more cold and aloof, so you would prefer the 6.

BUT, let's not forget for a moment that if the 6 was a 3 she would be friendzone at best.

Men would choose women who are less beautiful if they think that their personality is better. Now, if the 6 girl and 8 girl would have equal personalities, obviously he would choose the 8 girl. But if the 8 girl has a crap personality and the 6 girl has a great personality, he would choose the 6 girl with a great personality over the 8 girl with problems. Some men would go for the 8 girl anyway but I think they are a minority. Most would pick personality once it passes a certain looks threshold. Fun personality, engaging personality, makes you fun to be around her.

Most men would see personality as not only compensating but more than making up for looks, as long as it passes a certain threshold. If you feel great around each other, what else matters?

Meanwhile, the 3 level girl, she could literally have the best personality in the world. The man would simply not be attracted to her. They could be friends at best, because he isn't interested in her.

I have female friends who are not so good looking but have a great personality, really cool people to hang out with, very fun and pleasant to be around with, the kind of people that always seem to lighten the mood. Also very helpful and kind people, the kind of people you would always expect for their help and support if it comes down to it. Do I think they have a great personality? absolutely 10/10, in fact I wouldn't see much room for improvement in terms of their personality, would I date them, no. They simply don't pass that looks threshold for me to be attracted to them. I could not be attracted to them even if I wanted. I appreciate them a lot, as a friend, but don't like them that way.

This is exactly why girls say stuff like "I would like someone like you", what she means is "I would like someone like you but with another face". You're already 10/10 in personality, your issue is looks.

Now, none of them ever "hit on me" so a case of friendzone can't be made. But I think you can see the "mechanism" if you will.

And yes, some of you may judge me for not being attracted to this girl despite being a 10/10 on personality, but check your friendzone box (aka check your privilege). Is it my fault for not being attracted to her in the first place? would you rather have me be in a relationship I don't want and I don't enjoy just to 'be nice' ? that's kind of toxic and not how it works.

Now, for the woman.

Same case: Let's say you're a woman and your minimum looks threshold is 7, and you have 3 suitors, one is a 3 the other is a 6 and the last one 8. The one who is a 3, he's so ugly compared to your standards you may not even want to be friends with him (I've seen it happen, when he guy was literally "too ugly" to be her friend). The one who is a 6 is a perfect friendzone material, no amount of personality is going to get him out of the friendzone, because he's simply below her looks threshold level. She is not satisfied with his looks. He could be the most kind, supportive, funny, protective, lighten the mood, always helping her and doing what she wants, always lifting her up, guy out there, he will never get out of the friendzone because he's just not attractive enough for her. Doesn't pass her looks threshold level.

Now there, are some cases, where a guy was all those things a good personality is supposed to be: kind, supportive, funny, protective, lighten the mood, helping her, couch phychologist, etc; and he did eventually got out of the friendzone. In that case, he did pass her looks threshold level, but only at the limit or passed it by a little, so he girl was looking for a better option. When she couldn't find a better option, she returned to this guy who was fine but acceptable.

For some people personality matters very little, like the guy who would pick the hot 8 anyway. Just like for some people looks may mean very little and make less of a difference but they will still make, they still have a threshold. For other people, personality may mean very little and make less of a difference but they will still make.

As I said above, a small minority of men would take the 8 rotten personality girl over the 6 great personality girl even if the 6 great personality girl was above their looks threshold level. What does that say about them? (in a non-judgemental way) that they place a greater emphasis on looks than on personality.

The case with this girl is similar, the guy in the friendzone may be a 7 and so he would barely make it into her looks treshhold level, or 7.5. But the girl was still looking for an 8 or a 9 in spite of the guy's personality. It was only when she couldn't find an 8 or a 9 that she decided to eventually accept her fate and settle for the 7 or 7.5. And this was because he was above her looks threshold level, if he wasn't, she wouldn't even do that, as she simply wouldn't consider him attractive enough.

There was a guy somewhat attractive but she knew that she could do better, with a great personality but she didn't care about personality at all, versus there is a guy she is not attracted to at all but she knew that she could do better, with a great personality but his great personality didn't made any relevance, she would still not be attracted to him no matter what personality he had.

Ok, maybe not "she didn't care about his personality at all" she did care about his personality, but cared about his personality very little. A personality for her may be a small positive if it is, or a big negative if it isn't. This could be different for different people.

Some people may see it as a big positive if you have a great personality, but not a big deal as in a small negative if you have a terrible personality. Others may be quite neutral on both. Others may see it as a great positive if you have a great personality, and a great negative if not an even greater negative if you have a terrible personality. We're all humans with different preferences. But I think it's important or useful to see how these preferences are in different people, or simply acknowledge that they are there.

Now, if the girl had a looks threshold level of 5 the story could be completely different, but in our story the girl has a looks threshold level of 7.

As for the looks bonus, again, everybody is going to see any number above their looks threshold level as a bonus, but how much they see it as a bonus depends on the person. For someone it may mean a lot, for someone else it may not mean that much.

For someone, a 7-8 difference may be huge, for someone a 7-8 difference may be barely noticeable, but what is certain is that everybody cares about looks and everybody has a certain looks threshold level.

A level of what you're attracted to, and a level of what you aren't attracted to. A level where personality can more than make up for being at the lower end of your looks threshold level, meaning right above it or shortly above it. Above the threshold with good personality. A level where good looks can simply carry you, just hard carry with looks. Like if we take the same guy and present him with a level 6 girl with a great personality and a level 10 girl, I don't think the men who would pick the level 10 woman would be a small minority anymore, because the level 10 girl unlike the level 8 girl hard carries with looks. Sure there will still be men picking the 6, but there will also be a significant amount of men picking the 10. And it also dependes if the 10 woman has a terrible personality, is just neutral or has a great personality.

The same principle applies gender-reversed.

And sadly, if you're below a certain looks threshold level, no amount of carrying with your personality is going to make up for that. You're going to be a friend at best. You just simply aren't attractive enough for her/him. You're better off finding someone on your own looks level with much lower looks threshold level who will find you attractive and appreciate you for what you are as a potential partner (or work on improving your looks). Then your personality will be valued and your looks as well, your personality will actually have an impact and your looks will be found attractive. Yes, you may find some weird cases of someone on your similar looks level with abnomaly high standards, and also you may not. Those people with similar looks level as you but abnomaly high standards are going to be single for a while.

And one more thing I wanted to touch, for the not so good looking girl with 10/10 personality, maybe that's exactly the reason she developed a 10/10 personality, she knows that she cannot carry with looks so she decided to carry with that, an adaptive mechanism if you will.

This may be off-putting to some, but is it really far fetched to think "no man will find me attractive, I better have a great personality to compensate". Not saying she is like that in general in life to "catch men" but that she developed that personality precisely because she couldn't carry with looks so she decided to carry with personality and now that personality of hers is just who she is.

This I think is a lesson to men to understand that sometimes you can't carry with looks and you're better off just finding someone else. You just aren't above that looks threshold level, where as if you find someone with a lower threshold, you looks will actually be appreciated and your personality taken into account as a potential partner. Because if you aren't above that looks threshold level, no amount of personality is going to do the trick for you. When you can't pass the looks threshold level, no amount of personality is going to do it for you.

So yeah, improve your personality, improve your looks, and just hope you are above that looks threshold level.

12. These days I can't shake the idea of AB/BB. How true is it, it's insane. Honestly, in my opinion, to master finances you got to have to a large extent that beta energy. And Beta energy is just another name for feminine energy. Whereas overt masculinity would be your Alpha energy right. There's a reason why most of you here are frequently relapsing, whereas if you visit some of the nofap challenges here, you see bunch of dudes crossing 100, 200, 300 days of abstinence. There's a clear reason for that. Being in this masculine alpha state means you are subjecting yourself to A/F side, and honestly, your whole life will be ruined fighting sexual distraction that your own body will subject you to. Just look at each one of your's Day counter. None of you are capable of abstaining for more than 2 weeks. I think, this is also a major reason why AF never master the BB side. Their whole life is wrought with sexual distraction. They are never able to master anything beside their physicality.

No need to emphasize this alpha energy more than it deserves. At the end of the day, most alphas are broke as one can get. Well ofcourse, most of the betas are absolutely unaware of the alpha side as well. Their way of world navigation is based entirely on blue pill ideas, which to be honest, it works. It is compatible with the current world order.
    Unless you are an exception, it's very difficult to master both sides.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2023
  13. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Looks is not a king. Personality is not a king. Self-worth is the king.

Why self-worth is the king?
    1. because is constantly being checked by the external environment - when you see lot of girls smiling at you you know where you stand, if you dont see them, you also know where you stand
    2. looks are big contributor of the self worth but not the only one. Other contributors are big dick, good body shape, social status, relevant skillset (for example martial arts), magnetic personality, good genes, fame and some others.
    All of above contribute to your real selfworth (some contribute more, some less to that equation) and each of us just act depending how much total selfworth we have.

If you know you worth a lot, you act like it. You cannot really fake it until you change your worth (that is not constant but changes all the time).
    If you know you worth a shit, also you act like it. Most people just switch to nice guy mode, "I am not worth much but i am nice and that is my value" - what is complete nonsense. In general lower the value, the nicest people try to be.

Just look on recent photos of Leonardo DiCaprio, he is becoming old, too far from being the chad, yet he is dating hotest, sometimes even 19 year old women. He can do that because he thinks he is worth it and he is damn right. Thats why he also act like it and is able to pull that off.

FormerLeatherneck likes this.
  14. Man, that dick thing got me! haha.

I think you are right. Right as in how you see the world at the current juncture of your life. I mean you are 35. So, these qualities are what makes you desirable at the age you at. However, Loos has its place. Especially if you are young, although you don't have much else going for you. If you posess physical attractiveness, that thing can be quite a leverage. You could land a lot of young 18-20 yr olds just alone based on how good you look.

15. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

I think praising women of a certain age leads to a slippery slope of considering oneself "less lucky\ less skilled" if one does NOT get such women.
    or to creating a Hierarchy between men who do, or dont, achieve that.
    what we see of a man is 1% ...the 99% of a man or womans inner life is -well, its inner.
    peace :p