Again the same subject

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by natnhnatnh, May 9, 2018.

1. natnhnatnh

natnhnatnh Fapstronaut

Hi guys, I hope it’s the last topic I make about this subject because I want to get rid of this insecurity.
    I’ve been insecure about my height for about 3 years, I’m obsessed about it, i sometimes have anxiety during the whole night thinking about it.
    I tried my best to stop thinking about that but I can’t.
    I know it sounds superficial or immature but I can’t stop focusing on my height. It’s just everywhere.

I tried to talk about it with a psychologist but he has no idea about what he could do to help me.

So I’m thinking about talking about it with my family. But it’s just too hard, I feel dumb when I try to talk about that.
    I don’t know if it’s a good idea or not, but I think it’s better to share it with others.
    It’s been really hard to tell it to my psychologist, and even harder to a close friend.

I don’t know how to say it....

2. Turcu Laurentiu

Turcu Laurentiu Fapstronaut

well, my advice for you is that you have to focus on things that you can change because it's useless to beat yourself over things that you can't change. Focus on improving yourself, go to the gym, read, learn something new, find out what you want in your life, make a plan on how to get that and go and implement that plan. Only then you can forget about your height...

3. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

One thing is for sure: You can't change anything about it.

People are born with different bodies and fates. It is an important insight to realize how you have no power over the circumstances under which you are brought into this world. It doesn't matter whether it's coincidence or Karma.

So you are small. Your neighbor might be normal height and feel comfortable about it, but may be he was abused as a child and is still struggling with the impact it had on this life, carrying the weight every day. Your neighbor's neighbor might be a genius, but could never show it because his parents were to poor to give him access to higher education. And so on...

Get it? This is the theoretical, rationalistic view. I can't give you much practical advice. But I remember a guy in my life (I'm glad he's out!) who was quite small but seduced a new woman every two weeks or so. He worked out and was very muscular, but of course the most important reason was that he was extremely charismatic.

May be you should think about the consequences your height has for you. Are there any at all, by the way? Admit to yourself that you won't be able to change the cause that is your height. But may be you have or you are able to develop abilities which compensate for it.

Here comes the serenity prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

(You don't have to believe in god to admire it.)

All the best to you, 93 days are awesome btw!