1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice/Support on female moving away issue

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by TimeToGetBetter, Feb 14, 2024.

1. TimeToGetBetter

TimeToGetBetter Fapstronaut

So I recently started dating someone I met through work. It hadn't got serious but we had been for some walks and built up a really good connection. I don't think I've ever known a woman who seemed so into me and I felt the same and everything just felt so 'right'. I'm 45 and I know a special woman when I meet one. I felt that things were going to get more serious. Last week she went away on holiday to visit family for 3 weeks abroad and we have been texting like mad. She's been saying stuff 'you would love it here I would love to show you one day'.

Then last night her work colleague told me that she's probably going to take a job 300 miles away from where we live and she told me the same via text today. She said sorry for not bringing it up sooner and that she had put the issue 'in another box'. I think she was just going with the flow and not thinking of the impact. So today I feel somewhat deflated and I don't really know what to say to her I have so many mixed emotions. I keep going to text her but can't get the words out.

I'm super happy for her career move I know what it means to her yet I'm a little annoyed she never brought it up. I'm not sure if either of us are open to a long distance relationship and I don't think it would work over 300 miles. So I want to congratulate her but I'm really gutted and bit annoyed with her too. I don't want to make light of the situation like it doesn't matter she's going away and also don't want to create drama and make her feel bad. I don't want to influence her decision because she needs to do what's right for her. I guess there's a bit of male pride at stake too so I don't want to pour my heart out and look like a total simp. I have the moral high ground here and would like to maintain that.

I almost feel that saying nothing (i mean what is there to say?) would be best but I don't want to blow any chances I might have if for whatever reason she doesn't take the job or she leaves it early or something. The job is for 'up to a year' apparently.

2. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I think it's a big mistake to date anyone you work with because there's always the possibility that it can affect your performance at work... Anyway LDR can work if there's a willingness to make them work. Here's an article by someone who had a successful one. She lived in Australia and he lived in America.

3. TimeToGetBetter

TimeToGetBetter Fapstronaut

Thanks for the link. I don't work with her 'I met her through work'. She is a colleague of a friend from another organization who I have worked with professionally. We're in the same field of work but work for different organizations so we have a lot of shared interests but not the problems of working together. She has since got back to me and would like to see me during her last 2 weeks here before she moves away to the new job. I will see how things go during this time and if we're open to a long distance relationship should that be an option. She will be working not far from some of my family so I could potentially visit her a few times a year and if she did the same it might be ok. I kind of like my own space anyway.

onceaking likes this.
  4. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

Did you both ever do any acts of physical intimacy like sex or at least kissing?

or have you just been talking?

does she like you as more than a friend? Or does she see you only as a friend?

5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

That's good. It makes sense you would both have a connection.

I had an LDR and unfortunately, it didn't work out. My ex got really insecure and was convinced I would eventually cheat on her. But that was just me and as the article says, they can work for some people. I wish you the best.