1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by HelloHarry, May 30, 2019.

1. HelloHarry

HelloHarry New Fapstronaut

Hi I’m new to nofap but just need some advice. I haven’t been having urges to watch P but a little to M but the odd thing though is it’s hard for me to be intimate with my SO right now. Does PMO make it hard for you to be intimate with your SO? Like i’d rather M by myself then to be intimate with them at the moment and that hasn’t really happened before.

2. Faceplanter

Faceplanter Fapstronaut

Depends what's going on with you SO. If you have shared the problem, her reaction etc. And your shame too. All these things can put a strain on a real connection and your want to initiate.

MO doesn't have such conflicts, it's all one sided. So it can make sense that you are thinking about the easy way to a sexual release.

I've been at points in my relationship where the chances of a good outcome from initiated sexual time was low enough that I easily would have preferred MO over the time with my wife, and many times where I am sure I didn't consider my wife at all and just went to the easy way to get an O.

But, MO isn't always bad. Many, myself included at the moment, find it can lead back to PMO too easily but if the choice is to MO for a stress or something...... Well, finding a better way to deal with stress is the best idea but MO might be better than using sex as a stress release....all depends on you and your relationship.