1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A simple technique to obliterate fear and to have no PMO superpowers multiplied tenfold

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Marcarita, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Marcarita

Marcarita Fapstronaut

Disclaimer: This is no way a replacement for the basics (no PMO, temporary celibacy for extended periods and getting comfortable with your "discomfort zone".) Please also refrain from connecting this to something magical, esoteric, spiritual or even moral. As far as this one goes, we should not care about those things.

One important rule: Try your best not to inhale too deeply or exhaling too often while doing this exercise. This is very important.

First and foremost, google search the word "chakra". If you come across an image with several colorful dots starting from the groin up to the forehead or top of head, download that image. After that, follow this:

Assume your typical meditation position. Close your eyes (although you can open it too if you want.) Place your sensations in one specific body part that are displayed in that picture (I recommend doing it from the very bottom up to the forehead)

Doing that would naturally lower your breathing rate....up to the point where you're already NATURALLY holding your breath. Then, at the sign of moderate air hunger, inhale, but try to inhale as shallow as possible, at most, inhale only sufficient amount of air that you need and do not inhale excessively. Also, never try to consciously exhale or to exhale excessively in an attempt to expel carbon dioxide. This is one the worst things that you can do for your self-esteem and anxiety.

After that, move one dot above. Focus on that dot, your breath will slow down naturally, then when it gets moderately uncomfortable, inhale (but not too much), then move one dot above, focus on that again...and so on. Repeat until you get to the forehead level (don't even bother yet with the top of the head)

After getting to the forehead part, now is the time to actually MEDITATE. After all that preparation, this should be way easier now.

Same important rule applies on this one. With your eyes half-open (again do it with whatever you prefer whether closed or not) Attempt to detach your consciousness from anything. Try to detach from anything. Try to separate your consciousness from your body. I cannot exactly put it in words but you get my drift.

Meditation would normally be unbearable or even impossible without those breathing techniques I've mentioned above. If you want some science about how this work, google normalbreathing period com(can't post the specific article due to some pesky rules)
    If you're hell-bent in succeeding in NoFap or beating your social anxiety, I strongly recommend some serious thorough studying on that site.

PS: Carbon Dioxide can be our friend, too. Increase your carbon dioxide resistance if you want tremendous benefits from NoFap. Then again, this is only supplemental, not a replacement, albeit, an extremely powerful supplemental habit.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018