A Scripture a Day...

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

1 Corinthians 6:7-11

The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters. Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

2. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Job 16:1-5

Then Job replied: “I have heard many things like these; you are miserable comforters, all of you! Will your long-winded speeches never end? What provokes you that you answer? I also could speak like you, if you were in my place; I could make fine speeches against you and shake my head at you. But my mouth would encourage you, and the solace of my lips would ease the pain.

3. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Romans 12:9-16, 21

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

4. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Ruth 2:11-16

11 But Boaz answered her, “All that you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband has been fully told to me, and how you left your father and mother and your native land and came to a people that you did not know before. 12 The Lord repay you for what you have done, and a full reward be given you by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge!” 13 Then she said, “I have found favor in your eyes, my lord, for you have comforted me and spoken kindly to your servant, though I am not one of your servants.”

14 And at mealtime Boaz said to her, “Come here and eat some bread and dip your morsel in the wine.” So she sat beside the reapers, and he passed to her roasted grain. And she ate until she was satisfied, and she had some left over. 15 When she rose to glean, Boaz instructed his young men, saying, “Let her glean even among the sheaves, and do not reproach her. 16 And also pull out some from the bundles for her and leave it for her to glean, and do not rebuke her.”

5. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

James 2:12-13

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

6. Another amazing Scripture! And people say James is too harsh. This fellow is an absolute puppy dog. :D

BurgerChamp and Akeakua like this.
  7. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

1 John 5:3-5

In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world— our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  8. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

1 Peter 5:8; Proverbs 26:13; Psalm 91:9,13

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

The sluggard says, “There is a lion in the road! There is a lion in the streets!”

If you make the Lord your dwelling place— the Most High, who is my refuge— You will tread on the lion and the adder; the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.

9. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Proverbs 28:27

Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses.

10. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Psalms 119:33-40

Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will keep it to the end.

Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and heed it with my whole heart.

Cause me to walk in the path of your commands, for I delight in it.

Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to dishonest gain.

Turn away my eyes from looking at what is worthless; revive me in your ways.

Fulfill your word to your servant, which is to bring about a reverence for you.

Turn away my disgrace that I dread, for your ordinances are good.

Look, I have longed for your precepts; revive me in your righteousness.

11. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Amos 3:3

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

BurgerChamp and Tao Jones like this.
  12. GrandPasNewMan

GrandPasNewMan Fapstronaut

Matthew, 8

(5) When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help.

(6) “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”

(7) Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”

(8) The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.

(9) For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

(10) When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.

This is probably my favorite citation of the Scriptures. In the prayor, when we say "Seigneur, je ne suis pas digne de te recevoir, mais un mot de toi et je serai sauvé" - Lord, I am not worthy to receive You, but you just say a word and I am saved - it is a direct reference to this centurion. I often think about him.

I wanted to contribute to this thread from Akeakua and help him, so it is a nice occasion to share this passage that I like. Have a good day Akeakua, have a good day everyone.

13. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Thank you so much! I am grateful for you, and your gentle and encouraging spirit. That passage is always nourishing to return to. Have a good day as well FormerOnanNewMan and everyone. May we be perceptive of God's little-big graces throughout.

14. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Jonah 2:6-9

To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you, Lord my God, brought my life up from the pit. “When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, Lord , and my prayer rose to you, to your holy temple. “Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from God’s love for them. But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the Lord.’ ”

15. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Luke 14:26-35

“If anyone comes to me and does not [prioritize me far above] father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.

“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.’

“Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Won’t he first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace.

In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.

“Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out.

“Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  16. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

John 5:39-44

39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

41 “I do not accept glory from human beings, 42 but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. 43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. 44 How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?"

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  17. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Psalm 112:4
    Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.

Isaiah 42:16
    I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

18. YES amen!

BurgerChamp and Akeakua like this.
  19. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

This thread really helps me sometimes :)

BurgerChamp, Akeakua and Tao Jones like this.
  20. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3:14-16‬ ‭NIV‬
    “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”