1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A question about body weight

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by astronauta92, Dec 4, 2023.

1. astronauta92

astronauta92 Fapstronaut

Hello everyone I'm a guy of 30 years old, I say that I'm a guy as I'm look very young, but leaving that aside, thing is I'm very under weight for my age I'm 1.76 cm and 55-57 kilo grams and i've always spend time sitting on a pc very sedentary I would say, sleeping at 1-2 am waking up at 9-10 am, so for this reason I was wondering if: by not doing exercise or at least walking, can I loss weight/mass muscle, by not having physical activities?

I also remembering doing 2 years NoFap because I thought that was the problem, I had a big relapse , but then I started again, and so far I have 4months without doing that.

Do you think that if I start taking daily walks of about 10,000 steps, I can make my blood or my body start to work better and additional by going to sleep earlier?
    as this is driven my crazy mentality, I don't speak English and my English is getting worse also, my memory etc,etc.

Thanks for reading me.

2. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

You won't have much muscle mass if you're not using them, unless you're genetically very lucky.

You could do with putting on at least 10kg and doing some strength/muscle building exercises. Walking is ok but I wouldn't do any running or other cardio until you've put on some weight. Better sleep is also important.

3. astronauta92

astronauta92 Fapstronaut

Yes I started to sleep earlier like 10pm and waking up between 7:30 am/8 am.

And by adding weight you mean lifting weight, like the typical dumbbells?
    Thanks for your advise.

4. There is a couple things you will need to do to build muscle.
    • Eat enough protein.
    • Consume adequate calories.
    • Strength train with weights or bodyweight exercises.
    • Rest.

5. Prophet Harry

Prophet Harry Fapstronaut

A sedentary lifestyle, no excercise and low amount of protein, these all leads to muscle loss...

Try working out, even if it's just doing bodyweight exercises or dumbbell workouts at home.

Try to eat proper amount of protein for your body's needs.

Good luck!

6. xuledywo

xuledywo Fapstronaut

1. Physical Activity:
      • Yes, incorporating daily walks and regular exercise into your routine can have several benefits. It helps improve blood circulation, metabolism, and overall cardiovascular health.
      • Regular physical activity can also contribute to maintaining or gaining muscle mass, depending on your diet.
    2. Sleep Patterns:
      • Going to bed and waking up at more consistent and earlier times can positively affect your overall health. Quality sleep is crucial for physical and mental well-being.
    3. Nutrition:
      • Ensure that you are eating a balanced diet with an adequate amount of calories and nutrients. Consult with a nutritionist if needed to create a meal plan that supports your health goals.
    4. Mental Well-being:
      • Stress and mental well-being can impact physical health. Regular exercise and a balanced lifestyle can positively affect your mental state.
    5. Language and Cognitive Skills:
      • If you're concerned about your English proficiency and cognitive skills, engaging in activities that stimulate your mind, such as learning a new language or solving puzzles, can be beneficial.
    6. Consult a Healthcare Professional:
      • If you have persistent concerns about your health, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific circumstances.

Meshuga likes this.
  7. nellywilk

nellywilk Fapstronaut

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
  8. astronauta92

astronauta92 Fapstronaut