A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

Totally. Good job, man. How big was your streak last time?

2. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

19/21 days here! Can't believe it's been this long! Had some pretty rough urges the other night because I was in a flatline immediately before that, getting out of it hit me like a rock. It's weird getting back into the world of dealing with urges and having all this energy after 4 days of absolutely nothing. I'm feeling pretty good tonight. Been thinking about my ex a lot lately, so the whole no PMO thing is kinda hard with all those thoughts to deal with, but I'm determined to make it to day 21 with no PMO!

3. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

Find something to do, just... anything. Watch a super sad and gripping movie, exercise, take a shower, go for a run, hang out with a friend. Keep away from that boredom.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  4. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

That's a good first step man, yeah, figuring out how to take care of yourself is a huge part of it. Figure out what you can do by yourself that makes you happy. Just, sit there and think about it. Do you like:
    Going on walks in nature?
    Going to concerts?
    Listening to music?
    I feel like the trick to self care is doing healthy, enriching things that build you up and that you enjoy. Maybe try some new hobbies. They don't even have to be by yourself, the only reason I suggest that is that finding hobbies that don't require other people to be around will help you deal with urges whenever they appear.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  5. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

Love the motivation, man! **Kinda trigger warning** I'm not trying to get MO out of my life, just P, because I believe MO helps me in certain ways (stress relief, for example), but P does nothing but harm me in the long run. Therefore, my goal is to get to 90 days, because that's how long it takes most people on this site to go without PMO in order to destroy the link between P and MO. My ultimate goal is to get to 150 days. Not sure why, just feels like a right number to get to. Let's do it :)

DerNeuMann and underway like this.
  6. underway

underway Fapstronaut

7 days.

7. underway

underway Fapstronaut

Hi brother, I believe you are experiencing a rather nasty case of the infamous chaser affect. It´s pretty normal and the reason why most of guys avoid masturbation during their reboot. Be calm about it, distract yourself (preferably by some exercise) and hold on. It will pass in a while. Don´t worry.

Chaser Effect: The super-charged desire to masturbate that sometimes hits 1-3 days after sexual acts. Especially powerful early on in a reboot

TC10 and Deth like this.
  8. underway

underway Fapstronaut

1/30. I feel like shit. I don´t want to repeat the mistake again. To be clean is so much better.

Deth and TanglePie like this.
  9. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

2/31. Need to think about mistakes I have made on this jourbey and how to overcome them this time around.

underway and Deth like this.
  10. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

Good, good. Set yourself a goal, beat it, then set yourself another one.

DerNeuMann, TanglePie and underway like this.
  11. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

I can't believe that I was supposed to be on day 28 today, only 2 days from beating my previous streak
    but, I relapsed like a cunt.
    I feel so awful right now, I want to kill myself and get over with it.. fuckk!

12. IsaiahDD18

IsaiahDD18 Fapstronaut

My longest streak ever was 2 weeks but my most recent have been less than a week like 2 or three days so I think Im gonna set my goal to 7 days at first then 14 and just increase by a week each time.

13. IsaiahDD18

IsaiahDD18 Fapstronaut

Don't kill yourself Aily, you can do it just start over and try again, just keep pushing and I think you can reach your goal!!

14. Yytr

Yytr Fapstronaut

算我一个

Thuki and underway like this.
  15. 7/30
    feeling pretty good. Have to study a lot these days and have to use my laptop, so i'm struggling with that.
    But I know watching P isn't going to relief any stress or make me concentrate better, so I'm not going to do it.
    I just want a good streak to start the new year with. I just have to keep that in mind and I will make it, just like all of you! :emoji_muscle:

16. I....did MO today. Sorry. Only 11 more days for this year to end and that is now my new goal. Sure, there was no P involved, but I still want to be masturbation-free overall. I just need to stop giving in to these urges.....can someone give a few tips for this?

DerNeuMann and Thuki like this.
  17. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

Ever heard of flatline? That can cause a lack of erections etc. If you think it’s something urgent, you should visit I doctor but I’m almost sure that it’s something temporary. PMO can damage our body and it needs time to recover from that damage. You can always PM if you’d like to. I’m not an expert, but I’m always here for you.

Thuki likes this.
  18. Thuki

Thuki Fapstronaut

It is different for all of us, but working oout or doing some physical activity that tires you out can be really good. If you have energy/time only to sleep, that means also that you do not have time/energy to masturbate.
    Also if for you masturbation is more like a mental urge, then try to identify some thoughts and situations in which you absolutely do not want to masturbate, and feel no urge at all. Trying to replicate these situations is a really good prevention tool.

DerNeuMann and TanglePie like this.
  19. Adam Grundy

Adam Grundy Fapstronaut

Day 6/11 going strong!

DerNeuMann and TanglePie like this.
  20. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Good thinking. Congrats on 45 days!