1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Powerful Verse From The Book of Ecclesiastes

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Ecclesiastes 7:26

"I discovered that a seductive woman is a trap more bitter than death. Her passion is a snare, and her soft hands are chains. Those who are pleasing to God will escape her, but sinners will be caught in her snare."

CPilot likes this.
  2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

It astounds me to consider how easily I once let the evil one ensnare me by contrived pictures of a woman's beauty. A naive part of me was ready to believe that anything so appealing must be good. Without ever meeting the models behind these dangerous and sinful pictures, I attributed to them ideas of goodness which they clearly do not have. "These perversions are the illusions of a corrupt nature or traps laid by the devil, who would transform himself into an angel of light in order to drag you down with him into the darkness of Hell itself. " Spritiual Combat, Ch. 19

Thank you for your post. Not only does it cause me to consider my own behavior but it staggers me to consider the huge number of people who deny the very existence of The Father and who are ready to hand over their souls out of stubborn and selfish determination to view such temptations.

Brother5 likes this.
  3. Thank you for comment and for the quote from Spiritual Combat

CPilot likes this.