1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A new journey starting from Day 30

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Enigmatic, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Enigmatic

Enigmatic Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,

It's my day 30 today without PMO, starting from August 1. It wasn't really a long period of time, I just considered it as a start for my Nofap journey. But coincidentally, today is also the day I go to my high school to check in, I just went to my school and met my classmates. I am happy that in the beginning of the new semester, I have been a month clean and become much more confident and energetic than before.

In the past, when I did PMO like 2-3 times a week, my mind was usually affected by P or P subs. I didn't really search for them often, but as some pictures appear on my screen, I sometimes just couldn't control myself to click on it. I wasn't really healthy at that time, because I slept late at night, lacked exercise, and did PMO, though not as frequent as many did in this forum. I could feel clearly that I was tired even in the beginning of the day, and found myself harder to concentrate, especially on some academic stuff. On math and physics classes, my mind kept drifting away. In contrast, when I was younger, in primary school and middle school, my classmates all knew I was a kind of student that could concentrate on classes and homework assignments.

Apart from this, I was also getting much gray hair, especially when I went to my current high school, when I started to sleep late at night. But I am happy that in the past month, it seemed stop to grow.

Just a few words to say for my experience. I didn't really visit this website a lot, basically I just counted the number of days every day in my profile. I think at least for myself, what really needs to get to Day 30 is to have almost no temptations throughout the month. When I didn't have a strong mind in nofap, I sometimes would allow, subconsciously, myself to have some temptations, but even though I could win in some cases, still I would gradually loosen my mind and lead to relapse. So I think it's really important to make up your mind to quit PMO. Special thanks for a accountability group that I joined, among 5 of us there are 3 who reached day 30 today and in coming days. Though didn't really talk a lot, having some partners really helped. So I highly recommend you to look for APs or join such a group.

Also from August 1, I started doing running. I think by regular exercising I used up the excess energy, and got myself kind of tired so that I didn't really have much energy left for PMO. This helped me stayed away from P and P subs.

I think by now I am a little inert to stimuli, I am not really interested in, and am not tempted by, some pictures that occasionally appeared on my laptop screen, and I just closed them. I didn't have many boners throughout the month, except for some, but still not many, in the morning. I don't know whether that's flatline or not.

But anyway, I think I am getting better in general. I have owed a lot to my body, for years of PMO, and I understand that it takes a while for my body to repair itself. Day 30 is just a start. I know it will be harder and harder, as I felt in recent days I am getting much more stressful, but I will carry on.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    DBug and RetroMike like this.
  2. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

Good luck and thanks

Enigmatic likes this.
  3. Congratulations! Here's to another 30 days!

Enigmatic likes this.
  4. Congrats on 30 days! That's my goal as of joining today, in an attempt to take my mind off of PMO I'm planning to exercise as you mentioned. I have also been running and for whatever reason I feel better after a run with no masturbation vs with. You probably understand better than I would, the longest I've gone without PMO is two weeks. At that peak I felt so full of testerone. Continue succeeding with your goals!

Enigmatic likes this.
  5. Enigmatic

Enigmatic Fapstronaut

Thanks! Wish you can finish your goal of 30 days! I am not very experienced in running but just started a month ago, hope you can benefit even more from it!

6. Enigmatic

Enigmatic Fapstronaut

Thanks! I would always look forward. I would be the best of myself in the coming 2 of the most important months of applications.

Awakeatlast likes this.
  7. Same here, I'm still new to running too. I feel like when I sweat I run I'm basically getting all the dirty thoughts out of my head. Funny how I can feel more clean drenched in sweat lol. You're awesome for wishing me success as well. Hope you have great days ahead man!

Enigmatic and Awakeatlast like this.