1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Modern Concept Of God

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

• When you close your eyes and try to imagine nothing, you cant. You see a black void.. which is still actually something, blackness and a void. True nothingness is unimaginable and yet we can imagine almost anything. Although another thing we cant imagine is true infinity, every thing ever possible and impossible, existance all at once.
    1. The reason we can't imagin these two things is because they are the same thing.
      True nothing, the absence of absolutely everything means no rules, which allows in that "space" for the possibility of everything and anything.. which is infinity.
      If you believe god existed before time then he is all that EVER existed and there is nothing but him, so therefore to create us and this universe we are created from his essence as he is all there is. If god is all there is then he is true infinity, and all lesser infinities and finities are contained with in him, are him.
      That would mean god is all of existence all of nonexistence he simply is all, he simply is. (Royal He BTW)
      The reason we can not imagine infinity is because our minds are finite, you can not fit infinity within a finite object.
      But if he is so it means he is all, good and bad, down and up, every atom and star, you and me, every single thing there is.
      This is the idea I hold of god.
      Evil is a human concept, the wind or the ocean does not care for it, so it only exists to us. (And ofcourse it rightfully matters to us.) In this universe whether its finite or infinite it clearly has rules and balance, everything is defined by its oposite, black-white, up-down, hot-cold.
      You only know hot is hot because it's not cold, if hot was all there was what would you define it by.. there would be nothing else.
      Your brain is designed for these rules with two sides to identity chaos and order. You're not supposed to be able to see past them. There can be no Ying without Yang or good with out evil for they are a part of a whole. If you take good away then evil is all there is and is all you CAN do, and if evil is all you CAN do its no longer evil as you have no choice. It is something else and at that point that which it was.. no longer exists.
      If God is all powerful and infinit then infinit realities exist but your perspective is here in this world. To see why god created evil you must simply see as god (I know right its getting pretentious in here.)
      See every single perspective of everything at once. Every tree, every stone, every man and women, every insect, every drop of water, every star and moon and in every reality and all at once. He is all of them the high the low, love and hate, the good and the bad all at once, he is balance, he is all perspective all at once, and we are but one. At that point what is evil? What is suffering?

I remember Stephen Fry once gave an example as to why he was athiest in an interview. He said that that there are flies that lay eggs in peoples eyes, and the babies then bore there way out leaving the person blind, in this particular case a little girl, what god does this.
      This shook my faith heavily until I pondered on it one night.. in a universe of infinity, where no matter the pain we experience we still return to everything, where I am you and you are me and we are him all perspectives at once, where we live all lives as both the girl and the insect, then what in the mind of god would make a childs eyes worth anymore than a baby flies life. What is suffering when we experience the infinity of everything good and bad.
      Who hurts us if we are everyone?
      I like to think this means EVERYTHING matters, every action and every life.

Alternately Jim Carrey once said... none of this matters.. we are just reality experiencing itself..

I think we are both right

2. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

To say god is evil and good would be to miss the point of perspective I made, evil and good is a human concept. If god is infinity then to be caught up on evil and good would be infinitly small minded.
    That being said if you do wish to think about it from a human perspective (which in my opinion will only take you so far) then even from the point of view of the main religions god created evil either directly or indirectly and he has dominion over all, so to me this isnt even a question that needed to be asked, from a human perspect at least.
    But thats extremely over simplyfiying the idea, if he created evil he also created good so how can he be evil if he created good? he is neither and both at the same hes a paradox, funnily enough another thing we cant get our head around.
    I dont argue for any world view other than the one stated above. Infact it could be argued that if the main religions see there god as all powerful all agreeing he is infinite, never ending, then there could one day be a unification theory/religion for all religions to agree upon. The core principles of the main religions most people agree on already and then we seem to get bogged down in ungodly egotistical rules and ideas that have been slathered on top. Almost as if they've all had a divine message from god yet, the messaged was tarnished by passing through a natural human ego seeking controle.
    The answer to your question was already stated before I wrote this, if I say I believe god is infinity and you understand the concept of true infinity then you already know what I belive he is within that.
    True infinity is everything, so simply there is nothing that he isn't.

3. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

Yes they would be able to say so.
    Yet if any follower of Islam or Christianity is to believe god is all powerful and is all there is and all creation is him then they would to believe he is infinit and true infinity. God is all views. How can you only have sing view of something infinite?
    He is all of them.

4. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

I feel I already answered that.
    So who created evil in this narrative then?

5. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

No by my definition every thing has always existed, there is no beginning or end to infinity there is no he or a being, thats simply how we describe "god" as humans. And a humans idea of perfect is irrelevant unless we believe we are fully capable of understanding god. You have to look at it from the perspective of everything not what you think because you are human.
    In my view everything exists he did not create evil as such it has always been, there is no he just everything.
    Im asking you now about your view, who created evil?

6. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

So logically, if god was all there was, what did he create evil from?
    Logicaly every thing has to be created or willed into existance, so who created god or willed him into existance.. logically?

7. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

Only god can tell you that

8. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

Well I think my train of thought has arrived at its destination.

9. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

Always existed in my opinion, but even that is strange to say as always implies time, and time does not apply to god.
    Its not that god always existed, its more just that.. he is.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

Hmm I wouldn't say it confuses me, yet not because I completely understand it.
    I know that I am a human and so I view everything through a filter. Its not that these things dont make sense they just dont make sense to us in the rules of this game i.e. life or this universe.
    I like to think that if science was explored to its full potential trillions of years into the future outside the boundaries of this universe that it would start to blend with philosophy.
    People like to often sight the big bang as the begining but if you ask "what came before?" it begins a loop of "and what came before that". No matter what you imagine it to be no matter how impossible, the question "and what came before that?" is always relevant and so gets asked again and again for eternity.. Or for infinity which I believe reality to be a party of.
    This concept can get annoying rather quickly as everything always comes back to "infinity" ha, though its only right that it does.
    I believe the universe is infinite outward and inward, perhaps they will never find the smallest particle because there isn't one, it all goes on forever.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. We know nothing about the concept of god end of thread/

Man created the concept with the intention of political control, stop being silly, you live in the west?