A Flood of Love

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 ESV

Love

Does not insist on its own way;” Instead of getting upset if I don't get my way... I can decrease temptation (DT) by praying to increase in love.

It is not irritable or resentful;” When I start down this road, I can decrease temptation (DT) by starting to praise God and praying for more love.

Love bears all things,” I can (DT) by trying to carry, suffer or endure all things.

Hopes all things,” God will help us. I can (DT) by my belief and hope. I believe God will help me and I will wait patiently until it happens.

1 Corinthians 16:14 ESV
    “Let all that you do be done in love.”

1 John 4:8 ESV
    Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.”

Consider meditating on 1 Corinthians 13 often to increase in love.

Second, love is an action word. Christiananswers.net said: “It is goodness that one chooses to do on behalf of another, and it ultimately relies on faith and hope in God. True love is humble, righteous, forgiving, patient, generous, kind and willing to endure personal loss and suffering.

Love is the opposite of self-absorption and selfishness, which are chiefly devoted to one’s own personal pleasure, benefits, welfare and profit. Extreme selfishness is one of the traits of Satan, the devil—the enemy of God and mankind.”

Today, consider writing your own prayer rejecting lust and promoting love. Examples:

“Father, take away my spirit of lust, and help me to focus on righteousness.”

“Father, take away my spirit of lust, and help me to forgive.”

“Father, take away my spirit of lust, and help me to endure hard times by learning the habit of praising You.”

“Father, take away my spirit of lust, and help me to care about others.”

I have started a new forum to help people quit drinking and drugs. I need help from Catholics who want to help others. I also would like to invite people who struggle in those areas to join.

There are many quit drinking/drugs forums out there, but they will immediately kick out anyone who quotes too many scriptures or worse yet, says to obey them.

Finally, if you want to promote this new site on Facebook or social media you can use this paragraph if you like it.

New Christian Forum

I almost never pressure people to quit drinking or drugs, but I support and help those who want to quit. Here is a new forum that will be updated consistently for people who want to quit drinking or drugs. Many have quit before, and this might be a helpful place if you want a new life. God bless.

Mts209 and CPilot like this.