1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

~950 Days On SR, Part 3: All Benefits Rated by Impact

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Rev2.0, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

As promised, the 3rd and final installment. It's long but hopefully some will find of value.

For each benefit, the scale is 1 (no difference at all) to 10 (life changing), with 5 being noticeable but not what I would call significant.

Smoother/Better Life: This one is hard to describe but basically, it's getting good stuff and/or good things happening that you would never have expected. Notwithstanding the loss of my wife nine months ago, I have experienced everything from cashiers and servers giving me stuff for free, to having high quality, brilliant people enter my life with exactly the skills I need to help me at the time I need them, to a new level of financial abundance and unexpected personal and professional recognition and rewards. It's like everything just "works" which in my former life was most definitely not the case.
    SR Impact Rating: 9

Social Confidence/Awareness: I'm an introvert (INFJ) so any gains on this front were going to be significant, and they have definitely happened. Much easier for me to be in social situations and in fact at times I will seek them out. But the awareness piece is also key. I can read situations and people quickly and accurately, which helps me know when to initiate or invest in an interaction and when to pass.
    SR Impact Rating: 8

Health/Energy: I've always had pretty good health even when I wasn't taking good care of myself, but I have felt so much better the last 2.5 years. Including completely missing COVID until a few months ago and even then, recovery was quick. My energy is so high I rarely sleep more than 6 hours in a night and I wake up at 5am every morning without an alarm, feeling great.
    SR Impact Rating: 8

Physical Appearance: There have been drastic changes for the better in the structure, symmetry and skin tone of my face. I literally look like a different guy from 5 years ago despite the extra age. As for my body, the effects have not been as pronounced -- age and genetics working pretty strongly against me despite working out hard and consistently the past 5 years -- but I do know SR has given me a lot more energy to put into those workouts so the gains are better than they would have been otherwise. My body doesn't turn anyone's head, but I'm in the top 10% as far as appropriate weight to height and everything (yes, everything) still works just fine so I'm grateful for that.
    Impact Rating: 8 (face), 5 (physique).

Sexual Functioning: From multiple years of full blown ED to daily morning woods and strong libido.
    SR Impact: 10

Female Attraction, Attention & Interaction. See my Part 2 post for a detailed breakdown on this. I would say combining all the elements I unpacked in that post -- Attention, Attraction, and Interaction -- SR Impact on this dimension has been a 5, but with enough progress that I see the potential for it to increase over time.

The bottom line for readers in all of this is that there are many benefits to SR - not just (or even primarily) the female attraction (though that can be fun when it happens). Don't get fixated on any one of these as your motivation because they are all possible and when they all come together, the impacts on your life will be undeniable.