6 steps to create habits !!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Feb 21, 2018.

1. The only way to create a new habit is to repeat it as many times as necessary until it becomes automatic. This requires, perseverance, motivation and willpower.

Start little by little

ESTABLISH SPECIFIC GOALS
    One habit at a time

You may be very keen to start changing and improving things, but if you propose everything at once, you will probably end up overwhelming and throwing in the towel.
    Go for a run, stop smoking, start eating healthy, get up earlier ... start with all these good purposes on the same day can be crazy!
    Well, you may get the first for that initial motivation, but if you endure a week, you will be a superhero.
    It is best to start with one or two habits at a time and when you have them consolidated, move on to the next ones.
    Start small
    When you are trying to create a habit, go little by little making it more complicated.
    For example, if you want to get up earlier, start for 10 minutes, then 20 and so on to what your goal is.
    If you want to create the habit of going for a run, the same, start with 15 minutes of continuous racing the first day and go increasing as you feel comfortable.
    It is easier to do it progressively.
    Make your specific habits
    Another thing is that the goals and habits that you propose are very specific so that you can really know if you are fulfilling them.
    It is not the same to say:
    "I'm going to get up earlier" than "I'm going to get up 30 minutes earlier every day"
    or "I will meditate every day" that "I will meditate for 10 minutes in the morning before breakfast.
    I hope we have a lot of success. Each day I will put the following steps if we do so, we will leave this well very soon. Nice day for everyone
    Details ... Masymejor.com and the book how to form good habits and break bad habits of Joyce Meyer. I recommend it super. This will be a short summary

La única forma de lograr crear un nuevo hábito es repetirlo las veces que haga falta hasta que se vuelva automático. Para esto hace falta, constancia, motivación y fuerza de voluntad.

1. Empieza poco a poco
      ESTABLECE METAS ESPECÍFICAS

Un hábito a la vez
      Puede que tengas muchas ganas de empezar a cambiar y mejorar cosas, pero si te lo propones todo a la vez, probablemente acabes agobiándote y tirando la toalla.
      Salir a correr, dejar de fumar, empezar a comer sano, levantarte más temprano… empezar con todos estos buenos propósitos el mismo día puede ser una locura!
      Bueno, puede que el primero lo consigas por esa motivación inicial, pero si aguantas una semana, serás un superhéroe.
      Lo mejor es empezar con uno o dos hábitos a la vez y cuando los tengas consolidados, pasar a los siguientes.
    Empieza en pequeño
    cuando estés intentando crear un hábito, ve poco a poco haciéndolo más complicado.
    Por ejemplo, si quieres levantarte más temprano, empieza por 10 minutos, luego 20 y así hasta el que sea tu objetivo.
    Si quieres crear el hábito de salir a correr, lo mismo, empieza con 15 minutos de carrera continua el primer día y ve incrementando a medida que te sientas cómodo.
    Es más fácil hacerlo de forma progresiva.

Haz tus hábitos específicos
    Otra cosa es que las metas y hábitos que te propongas sean muy específicos de forma que puedas de verdad saber si los estás cumpliendo.

No es lo mismo decir:
    “voy a levantarme más temprano” que “voy a levantarme 30 minutos antes todos los días”
    o “voy a meditar todos los días” que “voy a meditar durante 10 minutos por la mañana antes de desayunar.

Espero tengamos mucho éxito. Cada dia pondré los pasos siguientes si lo hacemos así, saldremos de este poso muy pronto. Lindo día para todos

Detalles... Masymejor.com y del libro como formar buenos habitos y romper malos hábitos de Joyce Meyer. Lo super recomiendo. Este será un pequeño resumen

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2018
  2. 2. OUT EXCUSES: DEFINE A PLAN
    When it comes to changing habits, you will have to be in continuous struggle since your brain will always tend to return to its old habits.

Yes and yes excuses and obstacles will appear so if you think and prepare them in advance, you will minimize the risk of failing.

Typical excuses can be laziness, I do not have time, do not have the necessary material, forgetting, etc.

We are weak, so do not push your luck, identify all the possible excuses or situations in which you can fail in that habit and create tactics to avoid them.

For example:
    If you want to go running every day → prepare shoes and sports clothes the night before.
    If you want to meditate every day → prepare the room with the mat, cushion, incense, so that then it is just to arrive and sit down.
    If you do not want to use your mobile phone while you're working → turn off notifications, sound or put your mobile phone away from your sight.

2. FUERA EXCUSAS: DEFINE UN PLAN
    Cuando se trata de cambiar hábitos, vas a tener que estar en continua lucha ya que tu cerebro tenderá siempre a volver a sus antiguas costumbres.

Van a aparecer sí o sí excusas y obstáculos así que si los piensas y preparas de antemano, minimizarás el riesgo de fallar.

Típicas excusas pueden ser la pereza, no me da tiempo, no tener a mano el material necesario, olvidos, etc

Somos débiles, así que no tientes a la suerte, identifica todas las posibles excusas o situaciones en las que puedes fallar en ese hábito y crea tácticas para evitarlas.

Por ejemplo:
    Si quieres salir a correr todos los días → prepara las zapatillas y la ropa de deporte la noche anterior.
    Si quieres meditar todos los días → prepara la habitación con la esterilla, cojín, el incienso, para que luego solo sea llegar y sentarte.
    Si quieres no usar el móvil mientras estás trabajando → desconecta las notificaciones, el sonido o pon el móvil lejos de tu vista.

3. 3. PONTE RECORDATORIOS Y AVISOS
    De nada sirve escribir nuestro nuevo propósito, ponerlo en nuestro panel de visión, si luego en el día a día no nos acordamos de hacerlo.

Ponerte alarmas y avisos es una de las claves para crear nuevos hábitos.

Por ejemplo, dejarte notas en el espejo del baño para recordarte por la mañana que tienes que beber un vaso de agua o salir a correr o ponerte alarmas en el móvil para levantarte cada hora de la silla y estirar.

Cualquier aviso que te sirva para no tener la excusa de “se me ha olvidado”.

A lo mejor estás pensando en un hábito más abstracto como: “Voy a estar más calmado y presente durante el dia” y puede que no veas como puedes aplicar aquí esto de los avisos.
    Bueno, pues precisamente en estos casos, es cuando más importancia tienen.
    ¿Por qué no te pones varias alarmas en el móvil durante el día que digan: “Cierra los ojos y cuenta hasta 10 mientras respiras profundamente.”
    No solo una, sino una cada 2-3 horas.

Te aseguro que estas “interrupciones” cambiarán tu vida y te harán estar más enfocado y alineado con tus propósitos.

3. PUT REMINDERS AND WARNINGS
    It is useless to write our new purpose, put it in our vision panel, if then in day to day we do not remember to do it.

Putting alarms and warnings is one of the keys to create new habits.

For example, leave notes in the bathroom mirror to remind you in the morning that you have to drink a glass of water or go for a run or put alarms on your mobile to get up every hour from the chair and stretch.

Any notice that serves to not have the excuse of "I forgot."

Maybe you're thinking of a more abstract habit like: "I'll be calmer and present during the day" and you may not see how you can apply this to the notices here.
    Well, precisely in these cases, is when they have more importance.
    Why do not you put several alarms on your mobile during the day that say: "Close your eyes and count to 10 while you breathe deeply."
    Not just one, but one every 2-3 hours.

I assure you that these "interruptions" will change your life and will make you more focused and aligned with your purposes

4. Jeswar

Jeswar Fapstronaut

5. 4. CREA RITUALES Y APLICA EL MINDFULNESS
    Una buena estrategia para crear nuevos hábitos es convertirlos en rituales.

Un ritual es una secuencia de pasos que haces siempre de la misma forma.

Diría que se diferencia de un simple hábito en que es algo que de verdad disfrutas haciendo, que te encanta hacer. Y esa es la clave para ayudar a afianzar el hábito.

Además, un ritual tiene un fuerte componente emocional y de “mindfulness”.

El termino mindfullness está muy de moda y quiere decir atención plena, estar presente en el momento. Ese ritual se convierte así en un momento especial para estar contigo mismo.

Mira la diferencia:
    Hábito:
    – Tomar un batido de frutas todas las mañanas
    Ritual:
    – Pongo música que me gusta en la cocina mientras preparo los ingredientes
    – Preparo el batido siendo consciente de los beneficios que me va a aportar
    – Me lo echo en mi recipiente favorito para batidos y zumos
    – Me lo tomo tranquilamente mientras miro por la ventana el nuevo día que amanece.

Sí, puede sonar un poco “cursi” es verdad, pero es solo un ejemplo.
    Se trata de no quedarse solo con la acción en sí, como si fuera una obligación, sino ir un poco más allá.
    Mezcla el hábito con atención plena y con emociones para crear un ancla positiva que haga que lo disfrutes y lo necesites.

4. CREATE RITUALS AND APPLY THE MINDFULNESS

A good strategy to create new habits is to turn them into rituals.

A ritual is a sequence of steps that you always do in the same way.

I would say that it differs from a simple habit in that it is something that you really enjoy doing, that you love doing. And that is the key to helping to strengthen the habit.

In addition, a ritual has a strong emotional and "mindfulness" component.

The term mindfulness is very fashionable and means mindfulness, being present in the moment. That ritual becomes a special moment to be with yourself.

See the difference:
    Habit:
    - Take a fruit shake every morning
    Ritual:
    - I play music that I like in the kitchen while I prepare the ingredients
    - I prepare the shake, being aware of the benefits that it will bring me
    - I throw it in my favorite container for smoothies and juices
    - I take it quietly while I look out the window at the new day that dawns.

Yes, it may sound a little "corny" it's true, but it's just an example.
    It's about not being left alone with the action itself, as if it were an obligation, but to go a little further.
    Mix the habit with full attention and emotions to create a positive anchor that makes you enjoy it and need it.

6. Thanksssss... so much :)

I_can_and_I_will and Jeswar like this.
  7. 5. CONTROLA Y ANALIZA EL PROGRESO
    Establece revisiones periódicas para revisar tus avances en los nuevos hábitos.
    Puede ser de ayuda anotar cada noche en una libreta o en una nota en el móvil, si has cumplido los hábitos ese día para que no se te olvide.
    Anota también, en el caso de que hayas fallado, cuales han sido los motivos, para intentar detectar y evitar que vuelva a pasar.

Revisa luego semanal o mensualmente los avances. ¿Cuántas veces has cumplido el nuevo hábito? ¿Lo haces ya con menos esfuerzo o aún te cuesta?

Si sientes que lo estás haciendo bien, quizás puedas proponerte nuevos retos e ir al siguiente nivel.
    Si has fallado mucho, tendrás que analizar los motivos y si realmente quieres implementar ese hábito.

Puede que te hayas propuesto salir a correr, pero te está costando demasiado, ni poniéndote alarmas o preparandote la ropa.
    A lo mejor es que no te gusta nada correr y tienes que buscar otras alternativas.

Pregúntate: ¿Cual es el motivo real de querer crear ese hábito?
    ¿Hacer algo de ejercicio diario?
    En ese caso hay otras alternativas. Igual te gusta más hacer yoga, o una rutina de 10 minutos de ejercicio intenso que tener que salir a la calle a correr.

5. CONTROL AND ANALYZE PROGRESS
    Establish periodic reviews to review your progress in new habits.
    It may be helpful to write down each night in a notebook or in a note on your mobile phone, if you have complied with the habits that day so you do not forget.
    Also note, in the case that you have failed, what the reasons were, to try to detect and prevent it from happening again.

Check then weekly or monthly progress. How many times have you complied with the new habit? Do you do it with less effort or does it still cost you?

If you feel you are doing well, perhaps you can propose new challenges and go to the next level.
    If you have failed a lot, you will have to analyze the reasons and if you really want to implement that habit.

You may have proposed running, but it's costing you too much, not putting alarms or preparing your clothes.
    Maybe you do not like to run at all and you have to look for other alternatives.

Ask yourself: What is the real reason for wanting to create that habit?
    Do some daily exercise?
    In that case there are other alternatives. The same way you like to do yoga, or a 10-minute routine of intense exercise than having to go outside to run.

8. BitGid

BitGid New Fapstronaut

This was a really detailed post!
    It’s funny because in the book “The One Thing”, author says that it takes on average 66 days to create a new habit.
    I think people shouldn’t focus too hard on the intricacies, and focus more on actually repeating the habit every day.
    Thank for sharing
    BidGid.com

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  9. Espero que sea muy útil. Gracias por participar. Espero saber cómo te va en el proceso

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2018
    I_can_and_I_will likes this.
  10. 6. CELEBRA TUS LOGROS
    No seas duro contigo mismo, aunque hayas fallado algún día, habrá otros muchos que sí lo hayas hecho bien.
    Valora esos días y celébralo, eso te anuncian para continuar.
    Es muy importante que te mantengas motivado.

Ojo, si te das la recompensa por llevar a cabo una semana cumpliendo tu hábito, esta debes ser coherente con el hábito.
    Si el hábito es comer saludable, la recompensa no puede venir ni un paquete de donuts o 3 hamburguesas del McDonalds.
    ¿Está claro no?

La única forma de lograr crear un nuevo hábito es repetirlo las veces que hace falta y volverse automático. Para esto tiene falta constancia, motivación y fuerza de voluntad.

6. CELEBRATE YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS

Do not be hard on yourself, even if you have failed some day, there are many others who have done well.
    Rate those days and celebrate, that will encourage you to continue.
    It is very important that you stay motivated.
    Be careful, if a reward is given for taking a week to comply with your habit, it must be consistent with the habit.
    If the habit is to eat healthy, the reward can not be a pack of drinks or 3 hamburgers from McDonalds.
    It is not clear?
    The only way to create a new habit is to repeat it as many times as necessary until it becomes automatic. This requires perseverance, motivation and willpower.
    I hope these data are useful. and we can apply every day, and in each moment until we stop this addiction and many others. good luck

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2018
  11. Amazing! I like it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Let's start and tell me how you are doing. Take advantage of the fact that today is Monday. :) Nice week

Warrior1995 likes this.
  13. I am going to try this ritual thing as u described in ur post.

88991s and Deleted Account like this.
  14. I'll wait a few days then. ;)

15. Hoy inicio un nuevo hábito....

Levantarme a las 5 y hacer ejercicio durante 20 minutos. Tome una ducha fría y excelente durante el día ...

Veremos como va mañana

16. Good stuff Thanks! I have a couple of bad habits I want to replace. Watching TV is a major one so lately I have started reading lately and I retain much more information from books which is a good replacement for TV.

17. [QUOTE = "chris555, post: 1333845, member: 99921"] Cosas buenas ¡Gracias! Tengo un par de malos hábitos que quiero reemplazar. Mirar la televisión es muy importante, así que últimamente he empezado a leer últimamente y retengo mucha más información de libros que es un buen reemplazo para la TV. [/ QUOTE]

Great. What books do you like?

18. Well the books I am reading right now are The Way of the SUPERIOR MAN by David DEIDA, The Way Of Men by Jack Donovan, King Warrior Magician Lover by Robert Moore and I have a book on phycology(Textbook) that I find very interesting.

What about you are you a reader?

19. sí. los libros son los medios. perfecto para ausentarme de la realidad. ellos son la mejor medicina

20. Great what books are you reading?