1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

41 Days - Super Powers are the Real Deal

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Freefaller, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Freefaller

Freefaller Fapstronaut

Good Morning All!

I have been meaning to write this since day 30 but haven't made the time. Almost to 45-days but I know if I don't write this now, it will be day 100. haha.

History

I've been struggling with PMO since 14 years old. I'll never forget how I first stumbled on P. I was on AOL search looking for "codes" for Diddy Kong Racing when I made a typo that would forever change my life. It wasn't long after that incident that I started the trifecta.

I have always been a believer in the Bible and the Lord Jesus. I knew he died for what I was doing but I couldn't stop. I didn't hate it enough and in turn I became a habitual relapser. I could go for weeks and then slip and binge.

The longest time I have ever gone was 6-months when I was in my first relationship. However, once I slipped, the rest was history. I couldn't stop again.

Currently

That leads us to this latest season. I had watched that TED talk on PMO and they mentioned NoFap. I had to come check it out. I started reading all the success stories and realized I had been attacking the issue the wrong way. My issue was that I just wanted it to go away. I didn't want to change my daily routine or mix things up to avoid triggers. This is why I was constantly relapsing.

I wish I could say right when I started on NoFap I developed super discipline but I did not. I was still super lazy. My goal was to start when I turned 30 but I only made it a week in. Terrible. lol.

2017 came and I was 100% committed. I knew I would have to change a lot of things in my life to come out on top. It hasn't been easy but it has been super rewarding. Below are the things that I have done that have helped me overcome and avoid temptation.
    • No phone in room-I have Covenant Eyes on my laptop but CE does not monitor apps on my phone. I can easily access P on my phone. By having my phone out of my room, especially at night, I avoid slipping.
    • Downtime-We all need downtime but what we do during that downtime is vital. If you are aimless searching the net, you are asking for trouble. Read a book, play guitar, take a nap with no tv, phone, laptop, etc. Doing these things have helped my brain with new firings and not constantly searching for that high
    • HALT-Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired? Eat, Talk it Out, Hit up a friend, Nap/Sleep. PMO will not make these things better. It only masks them and then makes them worse when you come down.
    • Work Out-I am 6'3 and 125 lbs. I am never going to look like the Rock. It is not in my genes. However, I've started to work out at night. About the same time I would PMO. My body is quickly becoming use to these chemicals firing off instead of the dopamine.
    • Accepting Rejection and Temptation-A huge thing for me has been accepting that both rejection and temptation will come. How I react and respond will help me to overcome PMO. I have to remember that if a girl is not in to me, PMO will not help that, it only masks the hurt. I have to eat it like a man and move on. Same with temptation. It won't go away. Those annoying ass click bait ads will always call your name. WE DON'T HAVE TO CLICK!
    I am really excited to continue to develop new strategies and to continue to overcome PMO and be the man I am called to be. It will be a long journey but it will be worth it. In closing, I have a super power story below. Hope to have more of these.

Super Powers

As I mentioned in my work-out bullet, I am 6'3 and 125 lbs. I have never had much, "meat on my bones," as people say. It has always been one of the reasons I have struggled with PMO and I think it created vicious cycle because I saw the P-stars and they were always super buff. I created this idea in my head that that is all women wanted Thus I always automatically assumed, chicks didn't want me. This idea was further perpetrated by a chick I was talking to and she was always mentioning my physical appearance. Fortunately, things didn't work out with her so I didn't have to put up with never living up to her potential. Since starting NoFap, I have gained more confidence in my physical appearance the God has created me.

On my 30th day of no PMO, my buddy and I went to a concert. As the show was going on, some chicks kept looking our direction. I was like, "What the hell are they staring at?" That's when one of them was like, "Are you gay?" Hahaha "What?! No. Wait, is that a good thing or a bad thing. I mean I am dressed super fly." She then turned to her friend and was like, "I told you he wasn't gay...Will you dance with her?" I replied, "Absolutely!" We then danced the entire show. No mention of my weight and height. No mention of me being awkward. We got down and had a great time. The whole time I was thinking to myself, "Is this really happening?! This girl wanted to dance WITH ME! I didn't ask her...she approached ME!" haha. Anyway, her group wanted to bounce before the set was over but my friend and I came to see that guy so we bid each other farewell.

IF that had been the night, I would have been stoked but it got even better. After the show ended, my buddy and I went to hit up a bar. When we walked up, the line was around the corner of the building but since my buddy knows the manager and the bouncers, we walked right in. I felt super baller. That combined with my no-PMO confidence and I must have looked like Brad Pitt.

We arrived at the bar and my friend ran to the bathroom, leaving me alone. A chick walked up to the bar and I looked at her and simply said, "hello." She gave me a toast and walked back to her friends. My friend eventually came back and we noticed the chick and her friends progressively dancing closer. My friend, who is in a relationship, pushed me into their circle and I began to dance with them. Mind you, had I been PMO-ing, I would not have had the confidence to dance with these girls. It wasn't long before the chick I said hello to began to dance alone with me. We danced the night away and even made out on the dance floor. lol. Super impolite now that I think about it but I was feeling super boss. Again, she never mentioned my lack of build.

I truly believe that neither of these moments would have happened if I wasn't on NoFap. You develop a confidence that chicks can sense because you hold yourself higher and can engage with them. Even a simple, "hello," exudes confidence when you are free of PMO.

Thanks for reading!

Tl: DR:
    Don't PMO, stay busy, chicks can sense confidence.

2. Ichiro

Ichiro Fapstronaut

Great stories man, happy for you! Seems like you're quite the ladies man now haha. Keep NoFap on!

Freefaller likes this.
  3. tattleen7

tattleen7 Guest

Great Job Dude! Keep On Going

Freefaller likes this.
  4. Freefaller

Freefaller Fapstronaut

Thanks, guys! Day 46 is here and things are going well!

MyLifeisPerfect17 likes this.
  5. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Amazing ! Super Powers !
    [​IMG]

waterworld, NICEDUDE and Freefaller like this.
  6. OrangeJuice13

OrangeJuice13 Fapstronaut

Dude that was a fucking awesome read. Congrats on your successes, I hope to reach that stage again. Recently relapsed after a lot of success (6 weeks no O, 2 weeks hard mode) but I'm slowly regaining my confidence after totally shattering my self esteem with relapse. Reading posts like this reminds me of how great it is to stay strong and furious with nofap. Keep going strong man, and don't be like me and let the surprise urge hit you with a KO and lead to relapse, that was probably one of the worst feelings I've ever experienced in my life, the shame of Oing after doing such a ripper of a job with my journey.

im_alive and Freefaller like this.
  7. Freefaller

Freefaller Fapstronaut

Dude, your post could not be better timed. Last night was my first challenging day. I was super tempted and got super close to slipping and Oing. Woke up today feeling much better but I know it is always waiting in the background to try and knock me out.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  8. Paleblood

Paleblood Fapstronaut

Sounds like one hell of a night.

Freefaller likes this.
  9. LucidBMX

LucidBMX Fapstronaut

Fuck yeah dude! I am 32 and feel like I am just starting to live my life. I believe I just got out of my first Flatline. I am on Day 36 of hard mode. I am able to look people in the eyes and I have better posture for sure, most of the other benefits everyone else mentions too. Voice is getting a little deeper and my facial hair is a little thicker. To anyone starting out or on the beginning of the journey I must say. You owe it to yourself. This f*****-up Society has been poisoning us, and we need to fight back.

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Fapstronaut

Great story! I am 6'0 120 lbs so definitely know the struggle of being super skinny. With nofap and a good friend group contributing, I feel like I am finally confident and comfortable in my skin. The main problem now is trying to convince myself that other people (girls specifically) would be into me. Your story helped a little bit, so thanks for sharing.

Freefaller likes this.
  11. skeptical

skeptical Fapstronaut

You have a good way of describing and analyzing things, I liked your post :) and I'm happy for your success man

Deleted Account and Freefaller like this.
  12. Freefaller

Freefaller Fapstronaut

It is the ultimate worst. I imagine people tell you to, "eat more," all the time. I get that so much I've become numb to it.

P further perpetrates the idea that chicks only want super buff dudes. What I have found in my time of no-pmo is that chicks are attracted to confidence. It's as easy as just saying, "hey." If they sense your confidence, they will talk to you and be interested. After that though, you are on your own to hold their attention as you converse. lol. However, even being away from PMO can you help you with that too. Remember, make it all about them. "What do you do for work?" "How long have you done that?" "Did you go to school for that?" So simple, yet so hard. haha

13. CantFail

CantFail Fapstronaut

Great story man, keep it up! You are absolutely right, confidence is key! Also just having a great time with the people you are with helps a lot, girls gravitate to those positive vibes for sure! It seems like you have a true wing man too, pushing you over towards the group of dancing girls lol!

Anyone who thinks that looks matter to women needs to just think of the time they saw that one guy who we thought had some undesirable physical traits with a beautiful woman on his arm. Someone who we thought were way out of their league but she seems to be all over him. How does this happen? It's the confidence, that's most of it right there. Men are so much more superficial than women when it comes to looks, that's what makes women so cool because they don't care about that stuff. You can be broke, no car, no job, overweight/too skinny, and a woman won't care about that but ONLY if you don't care about that either. Part of being confident is accepting yourself for who you are, and you have done that Freefaller. Good for you brother, stay strong and I look forward to reading your day 90 post!!

Albert ayunda likes this.
  14. Freefaller

Freefaller Fapstronaut

^Thanks dude! It feels great! I look forward to writing my 90 day post! More than half way there.

vibemaker likes this.
  15. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Haha, one of the best success stories i read. The brad pitt line cracked me up.

I can rely a lot to the 5 points you mentioned. Really good advice.

Thanks for the nice read & have a good further journey! :)

Greets,
    vibemaker

Freefaller likes this.
  16. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

LOL; DKR was a bitch. Don't blame you for looking up codes. My brothers and I could never get inside the mouth over the waterfall (is that even possible?) nor unlock the stupid chicken. Need to revisit that shit and finally beat it. I'm such a slacker when it comes to finishing video games...

Anyways, sorry to hear about the PMO addiction. Glad to hear you've reached an awesome amount of 41 days, though! That is dope.

Freefaller and vibemaker like this.
  17. Freefaller

Freefaller Fapstronaut

Hahaha! That is an understatement. I have watched YouTube videos on that game and I still don't think I could beat it today. Shit is incredibly difficult. lol

Deadlihood likes this.
  18. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Yes sir. Cheers.

19. Freefaller

Freefaller Fapstronaut

I must confess that I recently fell into temptation and viewed some P. I quickly came to my senses before MOing. It was a very stark reminder that this shit doesn't go away just because you have been clean for 56 days. It will constantly be waiting for you to let your guard down.

Despite the dumb slip, I did go out to a bar again and talk to a gorgeous women. Unfortunately, she did not give me the time of day but I did it! I talked to her and asked her to dance. She was throwing shade to all dudes so I didn't feel awful. lol

I probably start a journal thread so I don't keep bumping this one up!

vibemaker likes this.
  20. Resolved Oregonian

Resolved Oregonian Fapstronaut

One of the best stories I have come across on NoFap. Really encouraging, pragmatic, and insightful. Thank you for taking the time to post that. I know it took time and intention. Keep up the hard work it takes to keep that #ballerstatus

Freefaller and vibemaker like this.