1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

4 days in...

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by PaleAle76, Jan 19, 2018.

1. PaleAle76

PaleAle76 Fapstronaut

Day 4 in the books- still feeling good. No real urges to PMO. Had my first therapist session last night. Went ok, I guess. Spent a good portion of the time just talking about how he works, etc etc. I felt pretty relaxed during the session, and was candid and open with the questions he asked me…. To a degree that surprised him, actually. He said it takes most men several sessions to be as forthcoming as I was…. I credit that to my fiancé and our continuing dialogue about my addiction. After opening up with her, talking to the therapist wasn’t nearly as frightening.

My only concern with the therapy is going to be its impact on my schedule. I was able to get an evening appointment for last night, but next week I will have to take time off work in order to make my appointment… and I have a feeling getting evening slots won’t happen too often. I have a pretty understanding boss, but leaving works for 2 hours in the middle of the day every week probably won’t fly long-term. That is something I will have to deal with when it comes up. For now, I am scheduled for next Tuesday with the therapist.

My SO continues to be a huge support, and I am thankful more and more every day I have her to help me through this. To quote Jack Nicholson, “She makes me want to be a better man.”