1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 days NoFap (1st reboot of my life)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by ParisLemon1, Jan 27, 2018.

1. ParisLemon1

ParisLemon1 Fapstronaut

I’m 39 yrs old. This is the first official reboot I’ve done. I've abstained from P&M only (I’m engaged, my fiancée and I are currently trying to get pregnant). I committed to a 90-day reboot, and I’m amazed to say that goal feels very possible and doable right now.

P&M have been a problem for me most of my entire adult life. The last couple years has been particularly bad... Before finding this community, I've promised myself many times to cut it out, but my word to myself has been worthless on this. I’ve gone back time and again. I get triggered very easily. I am compulsive by nature. I used to be addicted to alcohol/drugs/gambling many years back, I’ve fully kicked those bad habits many years ago. But I’ve certainly seen a lot of parallels in my life with the obsession around P&M, where I’m pretty much defenseless to it.

I’m quite proud of myself for getting to 30 days (I haven't been keeping track, but i'm thinking this may be the longest stretch in my adult life).

I can’t say that I feel a bunch of miraculous benefits. I have good days and bad days in terms of attitude and outlook. On balance I do generally feel better. On the positive side, I feel focused, inspired, and motivated. On the negative side, my urge of thinking about women has not really subsided, I still objectify women, my relationship with my fiancée is just okay (we have issues that we need to work through that NoFap has not made go away)… I will be sure to report back at 60 and 90 days.

Antoniak Adrian and Maddey like this.
  2. Thanks for the post man.

I’m 40 and likewise, this is the longest time of abstinence.

Interesting how we have to find the true addiction that PMO actually is ourselves, it’s not widely known although sites like nofap are helping address that

ParisLemon1 likes this.
  3. DE.HK

DE.HK Fapstronaut

Thanks for posting man.

I'm proud of you that you got rid of those addictions. I didn't have any addiction except PMO but I can picture how difficult it is to quit the others. Keep up the good works!

ParisLemon1 likes this.
  4. Uncomfortably Numb

Uncomfortably Numb Fapstronaut

I am scrolling through Success posts from those who are at a similar stage to me... just to add my congratulations and support