30 Day Rejection Challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Iggy, Nov 16, 2015.

1. MOAR!
    But, in all seriousness, this is epic!

Iggy likes this.
  2. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

I've been thinking of doing this challenge for ages! How could you start off?

3. Iggy

Iggy Fapstronaut

I'm probably not the best to help you out there mate, I've struggled with self-confidence myself and done a lot of reading on it. There's a lot of vague advice on the internet, but I think at the end of the day you gotta just throw yourself into things and interact with as many people as possible. It seems to be working for me :)

It's a great way to challenge yourself, I can already feel some of the effects it's had on me. To get started I just read through a few of the people's experiences who did the challenge and picked out some of their approaches. You can start off with fairly easy ones and then try amp it up a bit from there. Let me know if you start the challenge, I'd be interested to see how someone else does! :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Iggy

Iggy Fapstronaut

Day 8: Wanna be my dance partner?

Been so busy lately, haven't had chance to do this, so I was a bit worried I'd fail to do this today after leaving it for such a period of time.
    I sometimes take a dance class in the evenings, but I've found the girls in my class are very frigid and awkward. Some guys don't even end up with a partner cos a lot of the girls just dance with each other. So today I went out to see if I could find someone to be my dance partner. There was a stunning blonde girl who looked like she waiting for someone outside a shop, I was gonna approach her but I convinced myself she was too beautiful to talk to. After walking by, I thought this is crazy, she's not gonna kill me for asking that, so I turned around and was gonna go up to her when her boyfriend came up and they walked off. I was annoyed with myself for hesitating, so the next girl I came up to was sitting at the monument steps on her phone. I ent straight up to her and told her I attend a dance class and was wondering if she'd like to be my dance partner. She straight away said 'no', but she seemed to find it quite funny. I asked her if she wasn't into dancing and she said no again, so I wished her good day and left.

I was surprised how calm I was when talking to her and it seemed to just hit me how easy it is to open up a conversation with a girl. Although her answers were short, she seemed quite receptive and I'm sure I could've easily started a proper conversation up from there.

EXTRA: I was checking my broadband bill from EE and saw they'd charged me a heap of money over the past 2 months despite me cancelling the service. I called them straight away and got put through to a guy with an indiscriminate accent. He was pretty rude on the phone so I straight up told him I didn't appreciate him talking to me like I was stupid. He was trying to make out like there was nothing EE could do, which usually I would've weakly accepted, but after arguing it out a bit I eventually got him to speak to a supervisor who then proceeded to give me a full refund for the charges. I feel like I'm taking less shit from people these days and am happier to express myself more

Lucky1, oooo, ekoluomu and 5 others like this.
  5. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

It's a great way to challenge yourself, I can already feel some of the effects it's had on me. To get started I just read through a few of the people's experiences who did the challenge and picked out some of their approaches. You can start off with fairly easy ones and then try amp it up a bit from there. Let me know if you start the challenge, I'd be interested to see how someone else does! :)[/QUOTE]

Yep started today, well if I can say so. I asked a girl for pound coin for two 50p coins but she said "sorry I don't have any pound coins." Count as a rejection?

6. Iggy

Iggy Fapstronaut

Good job man! Yeah I'd say so, don't know why she thought she needed pound coins tho. If you ever feel unsure whether it was a rejection or not tho it's best to do another ;)

7. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Epic thread. Definetely looking forward to the next post! You know what I think it's time for me to lose my fear of talking to more than 1 woman I don't know a day. I usually talk to 1, I end up just saying hi, sometimes get rejected - and then I stop and miss the opportunity to talk to more. So thanks for inspiring me to get a rejection/interaction proceed to talk to more and try out some of the requests you ask of them lol. Fun stuff!

Iggy likes this.
  8. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

Funny :p You made me laugh :D

Iggy likes this.
  9. iborntobefree

iborntobefree Fapstronaut

This sounds like a challenge :D

Yesterday I was texting a girl I have a crush on, no response -> rejection

I've asked a friend of mine if he would join me in this challenge (expected a no), he said: this sounds fun -> unexpected aproval

I've asked the author of an e-book for a free copy (I don't know him, so I expected a no) -> today I had the pdf in my mailbox

As for today I'll ask a random girl in the subway for a dance (I really expect a no), it'll be fun if she sais yes :)))

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  10. Iggy

Iggy Fapstronaut

Haha good going man! Dayum, I know the pain of a girl not replying to a text, I could probably write a book on the scenarios I used to think of that would lead to them not replying lol
    I like the challenges you've done, keep me posted :p

11. Hey @Iggy , you mind if I also post my rejection challenge here. Might inspire other people rather than starting another thread altogether..

12. iLoveHer

iLoveHer Fapstronaut

@Iggy I really like what you are doing. Keep it up lol.

13. plongeur

plongeur Fapstronaut

Been there done that ... but keep in mind that it is only in the very beginning a useful learning strategy to try to get rejected or approach people with getting rejected as a goal or the most likely outcome.

At some point focus on not being rejected. If you get rejected - well, happens ...

14. BackToManhood

BackToManhood Fapstronaut

Just wanna say, I love your attitude, haha. You seem to be doing really well at this, and I've been where you were with not knowing how to go up and talk to people, and I've gotten better now due to lots of rejections.

But seriously, even though you're expecting/wanting a rejection, be ready to take advantage of an opportunity! Talk to a girl if you feel she's receptive to you! I mean damn! lol

15. rocky77777

rocky77777 Fapstronaut

hello brother . could you please share the link to the challenges page where they are mentioned ? i would love to do them :) please , if anyone knows them then do share it . i might even make a video out of it . rejection is funny . people used to love watching them back in the 90s . remember the tom green show ,pauly shore videos and other shows like them ?

16. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

Please do make one!

rocky77777 likes this.
  17. rocky77777

rocky77777 Fapstronaut

hi brother :) i would do it . but first , let me get the page where they are mentioned . what is the criteria for the rejection challenges etc . so i need the link

18. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

Just rejection. The only criteria is you have to feel nervous or fear. Then and only then, it counts.

19. LOVE Lewis C.K. :D

This video is just amazing:

I'm diggin the sig man, absolutely diggin that sucker.

Porkins likes this.