3 weeks away from sugar -> libido went to the roof

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by PlantaBen, Nov 16, 2015.

1. PlantaBen

PlantaBen Fapstronaut

hey guys,

just wanted to talk to you about something and hear your ideas and experiences about it.
    About 3 or 4 months ago I decided to break my sugar-addiction. I'm not obese or overweight, just wanted to improve my health. After a couple of days I saw how strong my addiction was and how staying without sugar has affected me. I avoided ALL forms of refined sugar and ate little fruit. I lost 2-3 kgs, but I changed completely, my abs came out like never before. And this only from leaving the sugar, I didn't exercise those weeks.

I also started taking magnesium. (you guys caring about health should do a little research). Magnesium is actually good for everything. It is involved with more than 300 actions in our bodies. But yeah, the most important part:

After 2 weeks more or less: I began having so many erections throughtout the day. Whereever I was, I got hardons. It disturbed me actually sometimes. But I was satisfied. I felt something different. By the time I thought it was the magnesium. And I really think it helped. But I think it was only 10-20%. Today I'm still taking magnesium, in even larger doses and I became "normal" (low libido) again.
    Well, even when it sounds like it was exhagerated. I think this was the responde from my body from cleaning all the toxins sugar leaves in our bodies. I think it would stabilize after a while.
    Unfortunately I began eating sugar again. But I'm actually looking forward on giving it up again. I got to plan it, because it ain't easy. It's lot only about you, it's social. Your family and friends will want you to eat sugar. Society just thinks you are not normal if you don'nt do want everybody does.

So, if you have problems you low libido/ED etc... try it! And let me know your experiences :)

rayofhope, Toni S. and Lunar Devil like this.
  2. Lunar Devil

Lunar Devil Fapstronaut

Haha I done that since this summer as well (not strict about it) and I noticed about a month ago how much just wanted a damn chocolate bar. Today I walked into a shop with a friend, he bought himself a redbull. I was looking at all the chocolate bars realising how long it has been till I 'consumed' those things. I think I'm feeling better, dont no, started working out as well :)
    I also take magnesium+zinc once daily. Its very good. I done this for a while. Had a few short streaks lately and I also have very low sperm count. I noticed the magnesium and zinc pills help me to produce very white and 'foam' like looking sperm .Usually its just watery colourless or white. But this helps to make some REALLY white one. I definetly suggest to EVERYONE take magnesium daily.

PlantaBen likes this.
  3. I never noticed anything in regards to sugar and my nofap journey, but I stopped eating sugar in 2011 and havent been ill with a cold since. Nov 2011. Totally sick free since.

Lunar Devil and PlantaBen like this.
  4. Bobs-got-it

Bobs-got-it Fapstronaut

I also am non strictly cutting sugar and diet pop. It's been months since my last pop. I go days with out consuming sweets compared to abusing it everyd
    ay. Sugar can be pretty harmful all around to your health including tooth decay.

Lunar Devil likes this.
  5. PlantaBen

PlantaBen Fapstronaut

That's interesting. My immune system is sooo messed up.
    Tomorrow I have an appointment at the endocrinologist. I'm waiting to hear her's opinion on that. But I definitely know that quitting sugar will ONLY do good

6. PlantaBen

PlantaBen Fapstronaut

My teeths got really white in just 2 weeks without sugar. It looked so much better than normal

7. hasta hands

hasta hands Fapstronaut

I gave up sugar for a few weeks once. This was about 3 or months ago. Mind you I have been a low fat vegan for 11 months and also cut out all oil. I have since then added sugar and oil back into my diet because I got too skinny. I still have a six pack and an average libido and do not work out. All that from just being vegan. I've been on no-PMO for 65 days now and going strong. I actually started back the oil and a larger amount of sugar about the same time I started no-PMO. I guess I was just trading one addiction for another. I think being on no-PMO will be much more beneficial in the long run.

8. mercuree

mercuree Fapstronaut

I have recently cut out white bread, sugar and, to some extent, caffeine. White bread because of health reasons. The rest just to be more healthy. I will sometimes have a chocolate if I feel like it. I find setting too rigid goals can become too confining. Making the chance of a relapse easier. Just take it easy. Cut it out slowly. Still waiting on those abs though! :)

9. Jodokus

Jodokus Fapstronaut

I just bought 400g of chocolate and 175g of cookies and I'm eating it right now instead of a proper meal. I'm not happy about it and I want to join you soon.
    I'm slim and fit but nevertheless having such behaviours.
    Standing up... I wonder how this works. I feel very down now. I have so much to say I will make a new thread...
    hopefully I can join you guys in a few month and have a healthy diet. When you already like healthy food its just a question of awareness, preparing (cooking) and perservance.

manwithaplan76 likes this.
  10. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

You should change your avatar to "cookie monster." lol

Lunar Devil likes this.
  11. PlantaBen

PlantaBen Fapstronaut

The prepating is really the worst part for me. I'm so lazy for getting up and preparing meals. Instead of that, I don't have a problem eating healthy. But the lazziness really disturb my diet sometimes..

12. Berty Albino

Berty Albino Fapstronaut

That's super encouraging. I've cut down on sugars and white carbs but man the cravings! Especially 2-3 days of no sugar or fruit, I can really feel that addiction and end up finding something at home even though we keep hardly any snacks. I'm always fine at work as i'll pack an awesome lunch of lentils, chicken and salad that's super filling, and always good at breakfast. It's lazy dinner at home that gets me! And especially if I stay up late, past 11:30pm I think the hunger after dinner kicks in and I always feel like an unhealthy snack and often want to PMO at the same time. It would be amazing to get to a few weeks. That is awesome about SolidStance not getting sick in years!

13. PlantaBen

PlantaBen Fapstronaut

During the three weeks I kept the fruits away for the first week, maybe 10 days. But then I realized and researched a bit more and realized that fruits aren't so bad. I mean, we call hear the fructose in fruits in very bad. The fruit has its poison, fructose. But at the same time it has the antidote: fiber!
    The bad things about fruits are fruit juices, because there is no fiber in it. So I decided to eat fruits again and that helped me actually.

So, if you are having a hard time and a lots of cravings, I suggest you to eat fruits too. Definitely better than "relapsing".

14. ArnoldHeiligen

ArnoldHeiligen Fapstronaut

I make myself a vegetable smoothie with kale, cabbage, collard greens. It is amazing in providing you with the long lasting energy for the day. It helped me to stop seeking other stimulants. It is also easy to make ;) try it :D

manwithaplan76 likes this.
  15. Jodokus

Jodokus Fapstronaut

hey healthy-freaks! I want to conquer myself. Just healthy food until Christmas! It would be the first step of something huge, because my urges when it comes to food and sugar are much more subtle and numerous than my sexual urges.